• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Away you go. Got lucky at the end...

Last edited:
Can’t be that negative and expect to win games. We’re not peak Nuno anymore.

Points fine but could have been more (and nearly less)

Will take the point. Performance was good on the whole, disappointing to concede relatively late but positive signs there for us. We actually look well set up now.

Sa is an issue as he's not the type of keeper you need when you're in a battle and struggling for goals. Margins are fine and you can't have someone doing clownshop stuff back there.

Excellent first half. Okish second half. Did our best to try and lose it at the end. Not sure about some of these substitutions.

What the hell were those substitutions all about that, was just bizarre??

Last edited:
Superb first half. Very strange choice of replacement for Podence started a very poor second half and Lopetegui was already waving the white flag with Toti when Ings scored and continued to put him on. Feels like a loss.

Diabolical goal to give away but other than that I thought we were OK, much better than under that fucking clown Lage anyway. A point is a point, I'll take it.

Point more than I expected but a shame to have led so long and with Forest winning…

First half very good though. Disappointed with the approach second half as there was goals in it for us. Nunes good again. As was Collins. Kilman poor last 30 mins aside from an incredible clearance.

I said we had to score a second when we were well on top and that proved to be the case.

I’m sorry to say, but I think we might go down.

I don’t see Jeff or the recruitment team finding the players Julen wants - and the current squad is woefully lacking in squad depth and in form players.

Our defence is a liability, and we can’t score at the other end. That has all the makings of a side that will go down.

Appalling goal to concede and with Forest winning and other teams picking up points, it’s another opportunity down the drain.

I’m also concerned about Julen’s substitutions, because that’s two games in a row where we’ve looked much worse after he’s switched things up.

Got away with it in the end, easily better in the first half but faded badly in the second half. Can see why we're after a new central midfielder as any change in there currently kills us completely.

Hard not to look at it as 2 points dropped.

Need to get players fit and need to get players in as we dominated 1st half and nearly completely capitulated after the subs. Running out of time and can't keep doing that.

I'd have happily taken a point beforehand.

On the plus side we look better than under Lage, across the pitch.

On the negative side his subs are very worrying.

Frustrating as the win was in our grasp. Why does Traore blast every shot and has there ever been a more anonymous half of football from a Wolves player than Hodge tonight? Beat WH and it’s a good point!

Another month and I think Lopetegui will have really drilled some quality football into these. First half was just superb.

Really gutted not to get all 3 points but on tonight’s evidence there are 3 teams much worse that Wolves.

We really need another experienced centre-back in. David Garcia links have gone very quiet.

Back