• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Excellent first half.

We need better options off the bench though.

Kilman is a worry, and I fear it's a mental thing when under pressure

People are naturally going to be upset about Lop’s pragmatism but if Kilman does the basics right we don’t concede.

We need a CB desperately. I don’t know what’s happened to Kilman but I’d play Toti ahead of him after today.

What the hell were those substitutions all about that was just bizarre??
I’d imagine

1. Podence injured

2. Hwang on booking and Moutinho being 36 and ti ti

3. Counter wanted more legs and Costa can’t play 90

4. Seems a habit of his and he must like abit of toti.

I get 1, but if debate putting RAN on.

2 - again RAN fine but hodge. Not for me but surely bouba would take his place if fit

3 - no issue

4 - not a fan of toti.

Just in a mish mash order. Could easily have brought cunha on at half time instead

Thought we were good, 1st half was superb, Second half we seemed to sit back and try to see it out.
Thought Collins had his best game for us, Killman did ok, was out of position for there goal as he was too far forward.

Sa Slipped on the goal.
2nd half we should have had more composure we panic when we get the ball.

It’s Bueno who plays him onside though isn’t it?
That’s true and he shares blame but after Ings receives the pass Kilman is about 5 yards higher than every other defender.

In some ways it wasn’t really pragmatism either. Traore pushes defenders 10-15 yards back (even if he is bobbins). Taking Podence off was odd, but must be an injury. RAN is on form and he fancies him as an attacker, clearly. Cunha is the new ‘marquee’ signing.

Hodge I don’t get but must have wanted legs. He clearly likes Toti?

People are naturally going to be upset about Lop’s pragmatism but if Kilman does the basics right we don’t concede.

We need a CB desperately. I don’t know what’s happened to Kilman but I’d play Toti ahead of him after today.

People will say ‘yeah but his block was amazing’. Personally I would rather centre halves do the basics correct. I can accept a good goal against, but not an easily avoidable one.

Regarding toti. He’s far too rash. Having him and Collins in a back four would be too much on my heart!

We desperately need that midfielder that can play as a 10 and press. Moutinho can't do it all at his age.

Hodge isn't an option.

We also need a RW as Adama is about as poor an option as anybody has at this level.

That’s true and he shares blame but after Ings receives the pass Kilman is about 5 yards higher than every other defender.
That's because he was on the ball further forward trying to find a pass, and got caught out if position, someone needs to fill in when he goes

In some ways it wasn’t really pragmatism either. Traore pushes defenders 10-15 yards back (even if he is bobbins). Taking Podence off was odd, but must be an injury. RAN is on form and he fancies him as an attacker, clearly. Cunha is the new ‘marquee’ signing.

Hodge I don’t get but must have wanted legs. He clearly likes Toti?
He didn't today from what I saw. Villa were living in our half, to the extent that Cunha wasn't even playing as a proper 9 from about the 70th onward.

We desperately need that midfielder that can play as a 10 and press. Moutinho can't do it all at his age.

Hodge isn't an option.

We also need a RW as Adama is about as poor an option as anybody has at this level.

Would be interesting to see Podence there once Neto is back, maybe.

Hodge isn't an option.

Cunha has played as a 10 for Hertha and Leipzig before. No idea if he can do it in this league.

That's because he was on the ball further forward trying to find a pass, and got caught out if position, someone needs to fill in when he goes
There was enough time for him to figure out where Ings was. Mings was under no pressure and had maybe five whole seconds to pick Ings out.

Hodge isn't an option.

I think it would have been Boubacar if fit tbf and I think he can play that role. Can see why were after another midfielder.

Hodge is actually pretty tidy with the ball tbf to him played some decent passes but yeah, just doesn’t impact the game enough and doubt he ever will at this level

Yeah, in possession I thought Hodge actually did well. You can tell that he's just positionally nowhere any time we're sitting back, though.

Back