• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 30/10 Build up and match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves TV for overseas?

Don't think Cup games are covered by that agreement for clubs to show live games outside the UK.

I reckon Nuno will select a few of the standard first 11. Coady, Neves, Donk. Possibly Doc & Traore. The rest will be made up with Ruddy, Jesus, Kilman, Vinagre, MGW, Neto, Cutrone. Hopefully Bennett is fit. Then we can line up something like -

--------------------Ruddy---------------------------
-----Bennett------Coady--------Kilman------------
Doherty-----Donk--------Neves------------Vinagre
-----Traore--------Cutrone--------Neto------------

Suspect Gibbs-White will start but I've seen him in a midfield two before and that's not something I'm overly keen to see again any time soon. Would be happy for Sanderson to start too.

I don't think it'll be that strong. Traore on the bench for MGW and Vallejo for Bennett.

Wouldn't be surprised if Watt is involved.

Forgive the formatting (see Admin sub-forum) but this is my total guess: Ruddy; Saiss, Coady, Kilman; Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Vinagre; Gibbs-White, Cutrone, Neto. I'd play Jordao if he were fit but I don't think he will be.

Forgive the formatting (see Admin sub-forum) but this is my total guess: Ruddy; Saiss, Coady, Kilman; Doherty, Dendoncker, Neves, Vinagre; Gibbs-White, Cutrone, Neto. I'd play Jordao if he were fit but I don't think he will be.

I'd be happy with that team, the right balance of competitive team/resting players/reserve players time imo

I would play him and give Saiss the night off

Vallejo isn't getting much love on here.

I hate writing young players off after a few games or bit part roles, but I struggle to see how he will get enough game time to get used to the English game, problem is I suspect the coaching team feels the same. However if Nuno wants to give a few more games, thats fine with me

I hate writing young players off after a few games or bit part roles, but I struggle to see how he will get enough game time to get used to the English game, problem is I suspect the coaching team feels the same. However if Nuno wants to give a few more games, thats fine with me

If he were our player and we'd spent a decent sum on him, I'd probably be in favour of him playing for this one on the basis that we'd want to make some kind of use of an asset and trying to take a long term view on him.

However he isn't our player, isn't likely to be in a few months (I'd actually be eyeing up cancelling the loan and signing someone else in January), on the basis of his few appearances so far he's actively a hindrance to us as he's been poor at everything, so I'm not sure I see the benefit.

Saiss needs to rest, hes gonna be playing a lot of games in the next two months. Give jesus a go, if he fucks up again we lost nothing, if by some miracle hes solid it will be a boost. I also wanna see kilman again, he needs as much game time as possible. Neto, jordao, mgw, vinagre, cutrone, any and all non starters... doc has to play rb since we have no-one else and coady obviously. were a man short, so neves? donk?

If he were our player and we'd spent a decent sum on him, I'd probably be in favour of him playing for this one on the basis that we'd want to make some kind of use of an asset and trying to take a long term view on him.

However he isn't our player, isn't likely to be in a few months (I'd actually be eyeing up cancelling the loan and signing someone else in January), on the basis of his few appearances so far he's actively a hindrance to us as he's been poor at everything, so I'm not sure I see the benefit.

Yep I agree with all this, but like I say if Nuno see's something in him then I won't be throwing a fit......unless of course he costs us a losing goal, then I'll lose my shit......I'm happy to be a hypocrite when it suits me

I’d play Vallejo - the less first team starters playing 90 minutes in this one the better - if Saiss or Coady got injured we’d be gutted.

Guessing they're going to rest most/all of Heaton, Mings, Engels, Grealish, McGinn and Wesley. They have more players clogging up the training ground than we do, doesn't mean they're any good.

Whoever plays in nets is going to be shocking for a start. If they play Davis up front, he has 4 goals in 52 career appearances.

Guessing they're going to rest most/all of Heaton, Mings, Engels, Grealish, McGinn and Wesley. They have more players clogging up the training ground than we do, doesn't mean they're any good.

Whoever plays in nets is going to be shocking for a start. If they play Davis up front, he has 4 goals in 52 career appearances.

I think they're going to put more stock in this fixture than us, and it'll be reflected in the lineups and final score.

Vallejo is far from a bomb scare but he is not up to the speed of the premier league. He leaves a yard to much space. His passing is half a second too slow. He makes others around him nervous. I think Coady is worse and more prone to errors next to Jesus. It may come. It may be that Coady cover is his best shot. I don’t know. I do believe my eyes. He hasn’t looked good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back