• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) 30/10 Build up and match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman Deeley

Dean Saunders's Press Officer
Reaction score
Someone help me out here, I'm struggling to get a team out...

Raul definitely needs a rest so I'd go MGW - Cutrone - Neto up top.

Ruddy in goal, maybe with DEnoncker (more practice at RCB) - Coady - Kilman in front of him

And in midfield... I'll take a stab at Doherty - Neves - Saiss - Vinagre

Jota, Jonny, Adama and sundry others on the bench.

Ruddy
Donck Coady Kilman
Doc Saiss Jordao / Watt / Perry Vinagre
BAS Cutrone Neto

Ruddy
Sanderson - Bennett - Kiliman
Buur - Perry - Jordao / Watt - Vinagre
Neto - Cutrone - MGW

Ruddy
Donk Coady Kilman

Doc Jordao Neves Vinagre

MGW Cutrone Neto

Ok. I grew up alongside Villa fans, naturally I hope we win, but in reality it's about preparing the team best to play against Arsenal on Saturday. I wouldn't play any player who we intend to start that game.

Don't agree with binning it off but yes a few chsnges, is Jordao available?

Jordao returned to training end of last week

Pick a team containing - Ruddy, Jesus, Kilman, MGW, Neto, Cutrone, BAS, Vinagre and make the rest up from the starting 11 from yesterday. I want us to win but if we don't, we don't.

Ruddy

Vallejo
Bennett
Kilman

Doc
MGW
Neves (c)
Perry
Vinagre

Neto
Cutrone

Jordao if he’s fit for Perry but I doubt he will be.

Rest Joao and Raul. Diogo on bench as he won’t be involved next Thursday.

I think coady will probably start mind.

-------Ruddy------
Don't care x 10
Bin it off

I’ll never get my head round this attitude.

We’re playing against a local rival and we’re a game away from the last 8. It could easily still be the League Cup that results in our greatest success this season.

I agree some rotation is necessary, but I’ll be watching on Wednesday desperate that we win.

I’ll never get my head round this attitude.

We’re playing against a local rival and we’re a game away from the last 8. It could easily still be the League Cup that results in our greatest success this season.

I agree some rotation is necessary, but I’ll be watching on Wednesday desperate that we win.

It's our 3rd of 4 away games in 9 days with a small, banged up squad. We'll be playing against another reserve side in a 2nd rate competition which will be won by a traditional Top 6 team, just like it has been for the last half dozen seasons.

Yes, I could have taken the time to type Sanderson, Kilman, Perry or whoever like Tredman did but it amounts to the same thing. Their first 11 isn't as good as ours, but their squad is deeper than ours. So although I don't want us to lose, I hope we pick a side that I believe ultimately will and gives us the best possible chance of winning at Arsenal, which with a fresh team I think we can and for me is more important

It's our 3rd of 4 away games in 9 days with a small, banged up squad. We'll be playing against another reserve side in a 2nd rate competition which will be won by a traditional Top 6 team, just like it has been for the last half dozen seasons.

Yes, like others I could have taken the time to type Sanderson, Kilman, Perry or whoever like Tredman did but it amounts to the same thing. Their first 11 isn't as good as ours, but their squad is deeper than ours. So although I don't want us to lose, I hope we pick a side that I believe ultimately will and gives us the best possible chance of winning at Arsenal, which with a fresh team I think we can and for me is more important

Harsh man, I spent ages dredging some of those names up.

Its also a chance for the fringe players to get some meaningful game time

On Wednesday at least two of the big six get elimated Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool and Arsenal all play each other. If we win we are in the last 8. We have also beaten Man City twice this year already. This competition remains the best chance of us winning.

On Wednesday at least two of the big six get elimated Chelsea Man Utd Liverpool and Arsenal all play each other. If we win we are in the last 8. We have also beaten Man City twice this year already. This competition remains the best chance of us winning.

Regardless of that, we will rest players and use the squad. Volume of games means this is currently priority number 3

That's exactly how I feel, Cyber. But I think we'll see a ton of changes against what I think will be a strong Villa side

I reckon Nuno will select a few of the standard first 11. Coady, Neves, Donk. Possibly Doc & Traore. The rest will be made up with Ruddy, Jesus, Kilman, Vinagre, MGW, Neto, Cutrone. Hopefully Bennett is fit. Then we can line up something like -

--------------------Ruddy---------------------------
-----Bennett------Coady--------Kilman------------
Doherty-----Donk--------Neves------------Vinagre
-----Traore--------Cutrone--------Neto------------

Suspect Gibbs-White will start but I've seen him in a midfield two before and that's not something I'm overly keen to see again any time soon. Would be happy for Sanderson to start too.

I think we will hold Benno back for Saturday if he is fit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back