• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This aged well

I’m thrilled that he’s delivered!

To be fair though, 3 goals and 0 assists from 31 appearances is not good enough for the midfielder tasked with running beyond the forwards. I wouldn’t mind if he was the guy who assists the guy who gets the assist but he doesn’t do that either.

I’d hope we can upgrade him this summer if we continue to play 3-5-2

To be fair though, 3 goals and 0 assists from 31 appearances is not good enough for the midfielder tasked with running beyond the forwards. I wouldn’t mind if he was the guy who assists the guy who gets the assist but he doesn’t do that either.

I’d hope we can upgrade him this summer if we continue to play 3-5-2
He's played around half of those at centre back to be fair. He's an excellent player to have in the squad. He does the dirty work so well.

Much improved this half. You can see the fear from then as soon as Adama is on the ball.

Donck is such a valuable member of the squad. Can play pretty much any position centrally and you know he's going to be, at worst, average

He's played around half of those at centre back to be fair. He's an excellent player to have in the squad. He does the dirty work so well.

He does, and defensively he’s excellent in this formation - I just feel a player that in that position where he’s required to play at both ends of the pitch needs to be able to contribute at both ends of the pitch rather than just being excellent in one and lacking in the other.

his production isn't that much worse than neves/mou on a per minute basis.

don't get me wrong, I'd love a true attacking midfielder, but donk is fine

To be fair though, 3 goals and 0 assists from 31 appearances is not good enough for the midfielder tasked with running beyond the forwards

This is a totally misleading set of stats given (i) he has played a lot at centre half this season and (ii) he rarely plays a full 90 mins when he's used in midfield.

He isn't used as a rich man's Dave Edwards. That's a misconception formed entirely because he gets further forward than Moutinho and Neves.

his production isn't that much worse than neves/mou on a per minute basis.

don't get me wrong, I'd love a true attacking midfielder, but donk is fine

That’s true, but they aren’t asked to get forward with the strikers, they play deeper than that.

Stopped playing again, for some reason. They’re having trouble breaking us down but sitting on 1-0 is dangerous.

we are in control and feels like we give it about 80%, that must be a very good sign

We seem to have lost the ability to keep the ball at the minute.

We're still in control, but it only takes one moment.

maybe Neto on, he wont play defensively, he will lift us up more up the pitch..just have the goal in sight all the time

just to pressure them back and maybe get a goal on the counter..otherwise, Villa have been toothless

that goal has lifted Donck a lot though..boost in confidence

I'd take neto for raul, leave midfield in a 3 at this stage

Neves hasn't had his best game today. First half ok, but second half his passing and energy has been quite poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back