• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (A) Build Up and Matchday Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping we're in a reverse Samson situation where once Jota gets his hair cut he gets his mojo back.

I've no issue with managing Traore's minutes at the moment. He's an explosive athlete and will expend more energy than most - there's a reason Coady can play every game (not that he isn't an explosive athlete :) but he doesn't run around anywhere near as much). 2-3 games a week after a long layoff will be taxing and we know the staff take things like redlining seriously.

The year is 2050, there are still people saying we have started slow or need to ‘wake up’. ;)

Stronger as the half went on, as usual. Shame Jota didn’t bury that chance but suspect it wasn’t quite as easy as it looked.

Adama and Pedro in ten/fifteen minutes, play a bit higher and run at Taylor! We’ve looked dangerous in those spaces already without the right combination/delivery

we have an excess of wingers and substitutes, no reason to have the brakes on traore. a bit uncomfortable assuming a formation change in the last 1/3 of the game will result in a goal so frequently, but we'll see how it goes

The year is 2050, there are still people saying we have started slow or need to ‘wake up’. ;)

Stronger as the half went on, as usual. Shame Jota didn’t bury that chance but suspect it wasn’t quite as easy as it looked.

Adama and Pedro in ten/fifteen minutes, play a bit higher and run at Taylor! We’ve looked dangerous in those spaces already without the right combination/delivery

yes please

We took our time to get settled but slowly got on top as the half went on. Following a similar pattern to the first two games back since the restart with hopefully the same outcome.

Disappointed that we haven’t had opportunities to run at Mings since his booking.

how is podence gonna get a sniff in this team? well, we have europe too

I know it's a petty complaint, and it works the way we do it etc, but we've got 4 good wide forwards, I'd like to see us go 343 and just swap the 4 round n the hour. I don't think we need to turn a 90 minute game into a 30 minute one against shit teams

I know it's a petty complaint, and it works the way we do it etc, but we've got 4 good wide forwards, I'd like to see us go 343 and just swap the 4 round n the hour. I don't think we need to turn a 90 minute game into a 30 minute one against shit teams

agreed, also we have 5 subs so dont need to wait

Will the water breaks continue? Not that I'm keen to take away players rehydration ha was just wondering

damn, so sloppy play now

Villa on the front foot now, subs please to make them retreat

Pretty poor start to the second half - I’d be getting the subs on, give them a bit of time to work with...

Villa the better side at the moment and Mings keeping very tight to Raul.

Changes incoming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back