• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa (H) build up 14/10

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
Ruddy

Miranda Coady Boly

Doherty Saiss Neves Douglas

Costa Jota Cavaleiro

SUBS: Norris, Batth, N'Daiye, Bonatini, Enobakhare, Vinagre, Marshall​

Another big test for us. The first derby game of the season under the lights at Molineux. I think it's got to be Costa/Jota/Cav up front against Villa's back four, should be too much pace and trickery for them. Hopefully Boly & Douglas are fit, Vinagre is awesome going forward but I'm not sure about him going up against Albert Adomah just yet.

Yeah Coady will start in the middle. I expect Nuno will go back to Miranda-Coady-Boly if Boly is fit. Hause needs to find games somewhere because Boly-Miranda-Hause would be a quality three I think.

Other than that I think your team is about right, maybe Vinagre at full back? Has Adomah been playing on the right? That would be a real test physically for whoever plays on our left.

Yeah Coady will start in the middle. I expect Nuno will go back to Miranda-Coady-Boly if Boly is fit. Hause needs to find games somewhere because Boly-Miranda-Hause would be a quality three I think.

Other than that I think your team is about right, maybe Vinagre at full back? Has Adomah been playing on the right? That would be a real test physically for whoever plays on our left.

Looking at their last game vs Bolton (Taylor sent off so misses this game) they've had Snodgrass on the right and AA on the left. Point still stands though, Snodgrass is a quality player and Vinagre isn't great defensively.

Johnstone

Elmohamady Chester Terry Taylor

Snodgrass Whelan Hourihane Adomah

Kodjia Davis

SUBS: Samba, Hogan, Steer, Onomah, Bjarnason, Hutton, O'Hare​

I can't disagree with your team, Lycan - which is barmy to see Bonatini and Vinagre on the bench!! Would be just as happy to see either or both of them start. Great to see so much strength in depth in our squad.

I can't disagree with your team, Lycan - which is barmy to see Bonatini and Vinagre on the bench!! Would be just as happy to see either or both of them start. Great to see so much strength in depth in our squad.

I'd be perfectly happy to see any of those subs start tbh. Plus Hause, Price & Ronan who miss out completely.

Think Nuno said he wasn't quite ready ahead of the Burton game. So hopefully another 2 weeks is all he needs and we know that getting a game or 2 for the U23's doesn't happen for the 1st teamers this season, if they are fit then they are back in.

I do worry a bit about their wingers against Vinagre and in particular Doherty. Vinagre has done brilliantly but I'd rather Douglas play this one if available.

With Costa back, and hopefully Boly too, it's beginning to look like a straight fight between Price/Marshall/Ronan for the last spot in the matchday squad.

With Costa back, and hopefully Boly too, it's beginning to look like a straight fight between Price/Marshall/Ronan for the last spot in the matchday squad.

Out of those 3 would prefer it to be Ronan

Much greater long term potential and can more than competently cover more than one position, don't think that the others can.

The fact that that bench is better than almost all of last yrs starters shows how far we have moved on.

Bloody hell they're rather cocky at the moment.. https://www.villatalk.com/topic/16269-1718-promotion-charge/?page=64

I'd love us to win this. Especially working in Birmingham city centre. I've always been surrounded by Villa fans - I don't mind Villa TBH but they're always so bloody cocky after a few wins!

WE are the PSG of the Championship, not Wolves. We shouldn't fear anybody. The only thing that can hold us back is ourselves. If we go at teams, there aren't too many clubs in this division who can stop us.
:icon_lol:

Same team as in the opening post for me. Jota up front to burn Terry and the rest picks itself.

I wonder if Bruce will try and match up with us and go three at the back? He's used three at the back plenty before.

Villa are doing what Bruce normally does in this league, scrappy wins with little flair and will finish Top 6 somewhere. They don't seem to be playing particularly well though and only beat Bolton with a penalty. They are also playing 442 with Whelan as one of a midfield 2, so as long as we pass and move I'd be confident of controlling the game.

Even if this ends a draw I wouldn't be to gutted keeps at 2 Pts per game and keeps them at arms length.
The most annoying thing is we have to wait another 12 days for the game.

Not sure whether I'd got Jota or Bonatini up front, I'll leave it to Nuno.

I dislike Villa. Quite a lot. A lot more than Albion any way. So I hope we burst their little bubble!

Not sure whether I'd got Jota or Bonatini up front, I'll leave it to Nuno.

I dislike Villa. Quite a lot. A lot more than Albion any way. So I hope we burst their little bubble!

I find Villa fans more cocky and boring than dislike. As derbies go it's about 3rd on the rung for me have far more dislike for blues than them at least Villa have something in their history to be cocky about.

Back