• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa

Kodija, Chester (Brighton sniffing around at £8m) and Grealish may attain decent fees. They'll be lucky to receive anything more than a million for anyone else in the rest of their squad.

I'd be surprised if they get that much for Kodjia - hyped player but his actual record for the season just gone isn't brilliant at all. 867 minutes/1 goal according to the BBC - which is in the same ballpark as Jedinak for minutes/goals ratio, and less than Romain Saiss or Danny Batth! He's also almost exactly half as prolific as Bright...

One other thing I didn't realise is just how few goals and assists Grealish has his season - 3 and 6 respectively.

He only played about half the season to be fair.

They need to shift Hogan and Kodija but I will be very surprised if many go in for him considering the wages they are on. Hogan is thought to be on 50k a week??

I don't get it...?

I think they'll end up having enough to not get relegated as long as they can avoid a points deduction as their squad is so deep and they'll still have some of the players named above who they won't be able to move on because of age and wages. The market is so inflated at the moment - Brighton are paying £4m for Fulham's reserve keeper, that I think they'll get £40m+ with large amounts up front for Kodja, Grealish Chester and Bjanason even with people knowing they are desperate. Grealish will in my view go for a minumum of £20m as there seems to be a demand for him. That'll sort them short term, I can see PL clubs looking favourably on them for loans, however without signing anyone they could start the season in a 451 with:
Kid Keeper/Steer if fit
El Mohamedy
Elphick
Jedinak
Taylor

Adomah
Hourihane
Whelan
Lansbury
O'Hare

Hogan

Subs
Green
Gardner
Bree
Davis
Hepburn Murphy
2kids

I've assumed McCormack and Tschibola will be binned on frees somewhere so that someone can cover their wages. Hourihane would go for £4millionish if they need to cash someone else in, Hogan the same maybe a touch more.

That's a mid/lower half of the table Championship side and significantly better than the one we started the 2006/7 season with, be it with zero pace down the spine. That should raise them enough to stay solvent but will probably still fail FFP at the end of the season. The EFL haven't imposed a points deduction this far on any team, I can't find any information to say there is a defined level that triggers the deduction so presumably it is discretionary, if so they aren't going to hit a club the size of Villa with it unless it bears no relevance to where they end up.

Oh. [emoji52]

They’ve raised £3.2 million in selling a 3rd choice goalkeeper

It's almost as if Xia has no idea what he is doing. If only people had told Villa fans that..

Villa are due to hold a meeting in the next 24 hours, where next season’s budget and strategy for the summer will be discussed.

I guess Tony Xia will be heading that massively important meeting, especially as he is now running the club fully...

Xia and Bruce will not be present, but the summit will include Round, Organ and He.

Oh! Taking the situation seriously then.

Bruce will be looking forward to the call to tell him he has to target players from the Conference North in the summer.

Happy for us to be charitable and send them EEL, Deslandes and Gladon for nothing.

Swap all three for Grealish?

I guess Tony Xia will be heading that massively important meeting, especially as he is now running the club fully...

Oh! Taking the situation seriously then.

Bruce will be looking forward to the call to tell him he has to target players from the Conference North in the summer.

Whatsmore...

It is also understood there may be legal action taken against two members of staff, chief commercial offer Luke Organ and executive assistant Rongtian He. The reasons are as yet unknown. Both cases could go to a tribunal, sources claim.

So the people left in charge of the strategy meeting are understood to be facing legal action...

Jesus Christ.

You really couldn't make this shit up unless your name is Steve Barnes...

Back