• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa

A lot of speculation in the press today that Bruce is about to quit Villa

Too right booz. I wish they'd suspended proceedings against me last year when I fucked up my self assessment, but they didn't they just charged me a fuckton of interest until i paid up.

Exactly. It won’t happen but Watson’s pulled a cunt’s trick by even suggesting it.

If Villa go bust then the creditors (except the footballers) don’t get paid. No creditor wants Villa to go bust, HMRC are no different. They get more from Villa by allowing them to solve their issues rather than send them into admin.

Apparently they slightly jigged the FFP rules because of that. Failure to pay HMRC is an FFP fail, otherwise they were getting very VERY pissed off with football creditors getting paid first.

The EFL are to meet with Villa officials to assess their ability to pay their bills for the season:

Memories of them calling for the EFL to investigate us come flooding back!

Yeah, it if wasn't so potentially serious for them it would be a hilarious case of what goes around, comes around.

Alan Hutton signs a new deal with them...........

There must be some money swishing around regardless of the merits of keeping him on their books.

Twitter thinks he offered to take a big pay cut.

You know a club is in a bit of a state when their fans are actively celebrating Alan Hutton signing a new deal.

Genuinely one of football's greatest conmen. Keeps getting deals despite being awful and a terrible cunt. It's eight years now since I saw him play for Sunderland at Molineux and he was the worst player on the pitch by a mile, he went on to repeat the trick for another three clubs, you'd think they'd have all worked it out by now.

Being controversial, Hutton had a really good game at left back at our place.

Not controversial, he was ok and probably the best of a very bad lot.

He is shit though. A total clogger of a footballer. Goal in the playoff final was his fault as well.

Hutton is fine at championship level. Used to be a pace merchant and he still has decent amount of that despite getting on a bit.

Still some Villa fans deluding themselves that it'll all be ok, this is just a media-led narrative and the Fake Doctor isn't all that bad really. It's taken a Leeds fan to set them straight on Villa Talk. He's spot on.

Sorry to continue to pop by. But its fascinating seeing you guys go through pretty much all the stuff we've done multiple times in the last 12 years. Bottom line is that you have - at best - a chancer of an owner who looks like he gambled more than you could afford to lose and now cant dig you out of it. With a fair likelihood that the reality of the situation is far worse than what has yet been publicly revealed (in our experience it almost always is). Given that, it seems laughable that any of you are sticking to defending your owner and suggesting blame doesn't ultimately lie with him for the state you are in. He owns the club, chooses the senior employees, is responsible for your clubs financial health. And has clearly messed it up so severely you're going to have to sell your best players, and probably half of your car parks just to get to the end of the year.

Unfortunately, for some fans its like stockholm syndrome with owners. No matter how objectively terrible, crooked, incompetent or evil, a section of the fanbase (unfortunately for us quite a large one when we were dealing with the likes of Bates, Cellino and GFH) will continue to find excuses for them or even support them even when everything is falling at part. At times seeming to value loyalty to the idiot wrecking owner than to club or fellow fans. Making it harder for decent and sensible fans to push together to get them out and the club able to start to rebuild.

Of course from the outside its darkly funny to see others being lined up to suffer as badly as us (or even a fraction as badly as us). But if you really love your team, you'll learn from all the crap we went through, and at least try to stay united as a fan base, and recognise that if there is blame for what is going wrong it sits fairly with the guy who made the decision to buy your club and who has for whatever reason (idiocy? criminality? walter mitty delusions? money laundering? utter incomptence) left you on the edge of what could be a very deep hole.

Oh yeah, and if your owner is lying to you about small things, it usually means he is lying to you about almost everything else, including the really important stuff. If an owner starts lying to you about anything, however trivial, alarm bells ought be going off all over the place.

Why some of their fans are doing their best Comical Ali impression is beyond me. They're quite obviously in a horrific mess and absolutely nothing about Twitter Tone adds up.

That last paragraph is spot on for xia,wasn't it first day he turned up and said he was a Harvard professor,and had designed the birds nest Olympic stadium in Beijing,and was proven to be a liar immediately when Harvard said they'd never heard of him,and a quick google search disproved the other.

Back