• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Aston Villa

I hope they get some train wreck appointment, Sanders or Zenga Esque. Although that will mean we will have Bruce bleating for the next few years how he’d have got them promoted and look how bad it got when he left.

I hope they get some train wreck appointment, Sanders or Zenga Esque. Although that will mean we will have Bruce bleating for the next few years how he’d have got them promoted and look how bad it got when he left.

The fans never accepted him because he used to manage Birmingham.

Paddy power saying he's gone,wonder if the red phone in fat sams house has lit up and buzzed yet?

Just been over on villa talk,
Sami hypia
Mikel Arteta
Thierry Henry
With John terry as assistant are the names mentioned,also Mendez is apparently involved in looking for a replacement

They need a former club legend, someone to teach the forwards the "eye of the tiger"...

Didn't he claim that he had inherited his best squad when becoming manager. Didn't he then hoover up any highly rated football league player in the next transfer window for huge fees. Didn't he then sign a Champions League winning captain on an extortionate contract as well as many other loan and free signings?

How could it all have gone wrong?

Didn't get the rub of wor green.

Had to balance wor books.

Players didn't roll up their sleeves enough.

Needed more time.

Fans weren't intelligent enough to appreciate what he was trying to do.

He had them there or thereabouts.

I hope he never gets another job and stays the fuck out of the media as well, he's a prick. Football's better off if he just disappears.

Terry as player manager i reckon.

Early odds:

Dean Smith 2/1
Thierry Henry 4/1
John Terry 4/1
Sam Allardyce 8/1
Carlos Carvalhal 12/1
Mick McCarthy 12/1
Sami Hyypia 14/1
Alan Pardew 16/1
Claudio Ranieri 18/1
David Moyes 20/1
Nigel Pearson 20/1
Quique Sanchez Flores 20/1
Abel Ferreira 25/1
Derek McInnes 25/1
Martin O'Neill 25/1
Olof Mellberg 25/1
Frank de Boer 33/1

Mick would do a decent job there and the Villa fans would hate having him...

Nah, I think Mick was the man if they'd had to limp on under Phony Tony. Build a squad without spending anything, get rid of the crap, make them competitive when they've got no right to be. They aren't in that market now. God knows what Bolasie and Abraham alone are costing them a week.

Some goons on VT seriously think they can get Brendan Rodgers. Jesus. The level of delusion never ceases to amuse.

Nah, I think Mick was the man if they'd had to limp on under Phony Tony. Build a squad without spending anything, get rid of the crap, make them competitive when they've got no right to be. They aren't in that market now. God knows what Bolasie and Abraham alone are costing them a week.

Bolasie is on £80k a week and they are picking up the lot.

Some goons on VT seriously think they can get Brendan Rodgers. Jesus. The level of delusion never ceases to amuse.
I don't think they can or will, but OT Rodgers has a decision to make. He's bored at Celtic, won't get a Top 6 club in England, so he seems in a bit of a career cup de sac

I don't think they can or will, but OT Rodgers has a decision to make. He's bored at Celtic, won't get a Top 6 club in England, so he seems in a bit of a career cup de sac

He'd be ideal for Newcastle if they ever got taken over.

They're ability to pay for a big name to take the job gets cancelled out by whoever takes over having their hands tied behind their back due to FFP. They need a huge clear out and their biggest assets value is falling by the minute. They're up a Creek without a paddle for 2 to 3 years.

Back