• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Barnsley (H) Build Up Thread

Well I have my ticket. North Bank Lower which I don't think I have sat in since an early season league cup game some years ago.

Really, REALLY looking forward to it. Should be in the Western around midday, depending upon kiddie taxi services in the morning.
We're sat there too. Probably row A seat 1 and 2 as Matt got the tickets. This is the same man who tried to book tickets for the Reading festival as he had friends he was planning to visit who live near the site, but he booked Leeds instead by mistake.

We're sat there too. Probably row A seat 1 and 2 as Matt got the tickets. This is the same man who tried to book tickets for the Reading festival as he had friends he was planning to visit who live near the site, but he booked Leeds instead by mistake.

:icon_lol:

I had to go Steve Bull stand to get four together but the missus and kids have dropped out. Could have gone fucking North Bank after all.

I popped into the ticket office yesterday to get the 4 for £40 offer. The girl on the desk informed me that there was an even cheaper way of doing it. I signed my nipper and his mate up to young wolves for £15 each and they both get free tickets to the game, along with 2 accompanying adults, plus you get the same set up for the Villa game. Both kids also got a rucksack.
Fair play to Wolves, that's a quality offer.

Missing this as on a course. Bad planning but it was arranged in Feb. Have to watch it back Sunday. This will be the game we spank someone and I'll miss it [emoji17]

I hate going at the ends. Half way line for me every time sorry!

It is a game we should win, and if we play anything like we can then I expect a comfortable victory. But it is Wolves, and as we all know we have never done anything the easy way, so Barnsley will probably win...

Be nice to have a fresh Saiss and Neves in the middle but im not so sure this will be any easier than the Bristol match.
Barnsley arent a bad team to be honest.

Are they not?

I was going to say, Barnsley are a poor team who we should be beating comfortably.

They'll sit back and try to frustrate us though, hopefully we can get an early goal and open them up a bit.

I was going to say, Barnsley are a poor team who we should be beating comfortably.

They'll sit back and try to frustrate us though, hopefully we can get an early goal and open them up a bit.

Yeah they are a pretty poor side and we should be beating them but this league is never that easy. They will sit back and if we play as we can then we will break them down and win comfortably but they will be after a better performance than against Villa. An early goal as you say could be the key to bring them out.

Our first visit to the Molineux of the season today and while I always look forward to the game, today I'm proper excited...........I mean 5 year old on a Chrimbo morning excited

It’s been a long time since I’ve been to a match when we have really thumped somebody.

I’m hoping today is the day.

I may be wrong, but I don't see us hammering anyone this season. Nuno seems a shut the game down and conserve energy kind of guy. If we do give someone a spanking my guess is it's because we will have scored the goals in the first hour.

It has been a while since and absolute crushing was handed out.

I still remember with great fondness our demolition of Forest under Mick.

Rotherham 5-0 the last time we hammered a team?

I may be wrong, but I don't see us hammering anyone this season. Nuno seems a shut the game down and conserve energy kind of guy. If we do give someone a spanking my guess is it's because we will have scored the goals in the first hour.

men-silly-joke-meeting-greenhead-talk-bgrn483_low.jpg

If we win 1-0 or 2-0 every week then that's fine by me.

I'll be happy with a win and the sight of some decent footy being played (by us)

I'm at an FA Vase game in Surrey with the club I coach at's first team, so I'm hoping that I come back to see we have won and played well!

Agree with TT, think Nuno is from the Jose school of thinking in that sense. 'Rest in possession'.

Back