• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bellend commentators

What did he say?

He has since deleted his Twitter account

Wasn’t he charged with the racial abuse of a taxi driver?
He then has the audacity to take the moral high ground on this subject.
Anyone who’s heard him on talkSPORT knows he talks utter nonsense and is regularly destroyed by Simon Jordan.
He comes across as arrogant, unintelligent and bitter.
Hopefully talkSPORT will say sorry but we won’t be needing you anymore.

JW and SJ are going to address Sinclair's tweet shortly

Once it’s out there it stays there impossible to retract.
He’s apologising because of the backlash not because he genuinely means.

Shocked I am

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220910_170018.jpg
    Screenshot_20220910_170018.jpg
    749 KB · Views: 38
Don't think he was sacked cos he was white, straight, old or any of that stuff, he was sacked cos he was rubbish, boring, predictable, out of touch.
However, how has Garth Crooks survived so long? Absolute joke of a pundit.

I'd suspect there's some element of truth due to there being more diversity in the choice of pundits these days. Sky Soccer Saturday also got rid of the old dinosaurs on their panel for more of a rolling rotation of faces each week. The BBC also employ Danny Murphy who is basically the younger version of Lawrenson anyway especially on commentary.

I did however catch an episode of football focus last year where they were talking about women's football (Dion Dublin was the other pundit) and they didn't even bother to ask Lawrenson his opinion. He sat through the whole segment looking like someone had shit in his shoes, so I expect them going in a different direction was the best for all parties concerned, as he clearly had no interest in the subject.

Heard him on Football Clichés a couple of months ago. Fucking weird cunt.

His commentary was dreadful, always. That twat Motson (another one who hung around 20 years longer than required) used to indulge his Larry Grayson-style asides. I won't often praise Jonathan Pearce, but he just ignored them and so they stopped.

Used to revel in a lack of knowledge. Bizarre.

As for Crooks, he doesn't really do anything on TV now and hasn't for ages? He has his ridiculous Team of the Week on the website and that's about it.

Heard him on Football Clichés a couple of months ago. Fucking weird cunt.

His commentary was dreadful, always. That twat Motson (another one who hung around 20 years longer than required) used to indulge his Larry Grayson-style asides. I won't often praise Jonathan Pearce, but he just ignored them and so they stopped.

Used to revel in a lack of knowledge. Bizarre.

As for Crooks, he doesn't really do anything on TV now and hasn't for ages? He has his ridiculous Team of the Week on the website and that's about it.
Doesn't Crooks still do the 4.30- end of match thing on the BBC? Must admit haven't seen it for a while.

Back