• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Birmingham City 2 - 1 Wolves Verdict Thread.

You are over reacting a tad

I think it was just a bad day at the office, put it to bed move on quickly. Just a pity we didn't get a chance to play blues with clueless Clarke in charge at the start of the season.

How I see it really. Frustrating that we couldn't produce in a derby game but this is a young side, so it is a good experience for them

Not going to berate Golbourne for today, though he probably should have booted it out of the ground when he had the chance, he's been one of our better performers when picked.

Reality is that none of the team really played to their potential today so we lost. Could so easily have been different, but it wasn't & we move on to Tuesday.

Puts a bit more pressure on the last 4 games, but all is not lost yet

How I see it really. Frustrating that we couldn't produce in a derby game but this is a young side, so it is a good experience for them

Agree, it's not like we've been beaten by Blackpool. Blues aren't that bad as much as it pains me to say.
Even if we do fall away it'll be very disappointing but it's still been a good season.

Think if we had been sitting in Forest's position/points we would have accepted it - not getting into the playoffs, but have done OK.

The fact that we are on the cusp of doing so much more than that is why we are critical when they don't perform in the way we know that they can. A full blooded performance today that we are capable of would have won today's game & put us in a good position to extend the season.

Think if we had been sitting in Forest's position/points we would have accepted it - not getting into the playoffs, but have done OK.

The fact that we are on the cusp of doing so much more than that is why we are critical when they don't perform in the way we know that they can. A full blooded performance today that we are capable of would have won today's game & put us in a good position to extend the season.

Agree you get use to winning also, I think the fact that it's blues that have done the damage makes it a bit harder to take.
The game on isolation today we simply weren't good enough in all areas to get anything out the game.

People say we were not up for it. Surely given the fact that we had just got into the six, plus it was a midlands derby, well that should have been motivation enough. But no great harm done, beat Middlesbrough and Ipswich and we will be as good as in the play offs. And we are capable of beating them both.

People say we were not up for it. Surely given the fact that we had just got into the six, plus it was a midlands derby, well that should have been motivation enough. But no great harm done, beat Middlesbrough and Ipswich and we will be as good as in the play offs. And we are capable of beating them both.

Agree Frank we are capable of beating them, but equally the opposite is true as well (which is why this division is so hard to get out of upwards) - next two games are probably defining ones

Now don't blow me out, but because I was only listening to some twat who wants to go to the USA on someone else's ticket and Aaron MaCarey for 90 minutes, it did sound like they (Blues) set themselves up to push us back and not let us get any movement or momentum going and..... we just didn't seem able to react to that and get round it.
I've no idea what we did differently, but it was almost like Dicko was nowhere near as good in the 2nd half and Afobe didn't feature much either, so were we 'out tactic-ed' again, especially as were very much out of it yet we didn't apart from VLP make another sub?

I agree with Deutsch we have no one suitable to come in for Golbourne and to be fair yes he messed up today but since he signed at Mol how many bad games has he had? Due to various circumstances I couldn't get to today's game but I think the starting 11 today is our best 11 so can't complain, just put it down to a bad day at the office. It's not nice to lose any game let alone a local derby game but at this stage taking points of people around us is more important so boro and Ipswich were always the more important games. I would be interested to hear from others who were there as to how Jack price played, most reports I've seen so far have said he was shocking yet Exton says he was the stand out player - funny how opinions differ.
Anyway onwards and upwards I'm sure there's going to be a lot more twists and turns before the season ends - and I'm still looking forward to my first visit to the new wembley ��

Doherty senior has logged back in...

I agree with Deutsch we have no one suitable to come in for Golbourne and to be fair yes he messed up today but since he signed at Mol how many bad games has he had? Due to various circumstances I couldn't get to today's game but I think the starting 11 today is our best 11 so can't complain, just put it down to a bad day at the office. It's not nice to lose any game let alone a local derby game but at this stage taking points of people around us is more important so boro and Ipswich were always the more important games. I would be interested to hear from others who were there as to how Jack price played, most reports I've seen so far have said he was shocking yet Exton says he was the stand out player - funny how opinions differ.
Anyway onwards and upwards I'm sure there's going to be a lot more twists and turns before the season ends - and I'm still looking forward to my first visit to the new wembley ��

Price was crap. Fabbrini was class for blues and Price had no answer. Got frustrated and started kicking him when he couldnt get close. Didnt help that McDonald kept giving the ball away and letting Blues players run off him.

Great answer By the way you are totally wrong

We will not let yet another verdict thread be ruined.

We've asked you before to contribute properly, yet you've come on here to take umbrage with a single word which doesn't really have anything to do with today's game as Matt Doherty wasn't involved.

I kindly ask you again to contribute properly, which doesn't involve picking on each and every poster who dares have a differing opinion on Matt Doherty than you do, whilst offering absolutely nothing else on any other Wolves-related topic whatsoever.

Back