• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bit of perspective needed..

Better than Nothing which is where we are, we have one central striker, and a bunch of could play there. has played no where near the games Bonatini played but has scored 1 less goal.

I can be critical of the club and in this I think they have made a mistake

Nobody has said the club got it right yesterday. Clearly Nuno wanted another strike but it isn't the end of the world.

Dicko has gone and never commanded a place here anyway having scored 2 goals from his 6 appearances which is one less than Bonatini who has roughly the same amount of minutes on the pitch. Is there any chance you can move the needle off the record now?

Saw him, but he has been nowhere near the league match day squad, hope he comes through and puts pressure on, I think others will be on the bench in front of him.

Maybe, but it his opportunity now and he's shown he can make the step up. We are talking about a back up to Bonatini here as we don't play with more than one striker at any one time.

Nobody has said the club got it right yesterday. Clearly Nuno wanted another strike but it isn't the end of the world.

Dicko has gone and never commanded a place here anyway having scored 2 goals from his 6 appearances which is one less than Bonatini who has roughly the same amount of minutes on the pitch. Is there any chance you can move the needle of the record now?

Anyone who said the club got it wrong have been lambasted, and in some cases insulted for daring to say they got it wrong, which they fucking did in a big way.

Maybe, but it his opportunity now and he's shown he can make the step up. We are talking about a back up to Bonatini here as we don't play with more than one striker at any one time.

Bonatini, should be the back up.....

Anyone who said the club got it wrong have been lambasted, and in some cases insulted for daring to say they got it wrong, which they fucking did in a big way.

This is revisionism. Lets not beat around the bush you're talking about the biggest wum on here and he was continually posting yesterday because he is an attention seeker. He got his attention and now you're saying something else.

Read the posts this morning and they tell you a different story. We all hoped up until 11PM yesterday that the club would have something tied up, they didn't. Bleating about it for hours and hours on the day just pissed people off.

Based on what?

If we're going to be treated to your assessment of our squad based on 90 minutes at Brentford all season then I despair. I told you last night, I've seen Bonatini play for more than one game and I'm comfortable with him being our main striker. He's a good player and he'll get better.

That's your opinion. I happen to think he's a damn good player and holds his own comfortably against most strikers in this division. Look at the sides in this division and there's very few with a striker as good as him, let alone a front 3 as good as ours.

You don't rate the guy for some reason but you've only seen him once haven't you?

I just wanted to post that picture tbh.

Sorry, YoungWolf, I wasn't directing my comment towards you, just the feeling in general that some people have towards others who have concerns.

I'm not saying Bonatini isn't a good player but it is very early to be saying he's quality. I think he has met expectations thus far, I do hope he can improve and also remain consistent, if he does then that will be fantastic. I also think Wilson is worth a shot, I know he's young a raw but he's talented and I think he wouldn't be far away from being able to compete. Some youngsters aren't necessarily gonna make it, I feel like Wilson can.

Back