• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn 1 Wolves 2 (Afobe & Diego Edwardona): The Verdict

Oh dear, thank $#@! I'm a bog standard fan, I know how it would have been greeted at the back of the South Bank and long may it continue.

Indeed I can see the fucking idiot thick cunts in the south bank taking such a decision against us with good grace. Have a word with yourself Trev, you're looking a prick.

No I'm not and cut out the abuse please, I've said on a number of occasions that my style of support is over the top partisan, just accept it.

And another verdict thread descends into bitch fighting.

Thank God the footie season is back.

No I'm not and cut out the abuse please, I've said on a number of occasions that my style of support is over the top partisan, just accept it.

Yes you are, it's the superfan bollocks one game into the season. Fine you're partisan, but please don't think people follow you're idiotic fandom either. There are two posters uncomfortable with how we won the game (not that we won the game) you need to accept that.

And don't give me the high and mighty garbage when you write 'pious nonsense'. You deserve the abuse IMO.

Can the abuse be moved to PM or somewhere away from the verdict thread.

As Boozy says its fucking boring to read almost every single time.

Fair enough, your usual bully boy tactics will just drive people with unconventional views away.

Not meant for you Stan by the way.

OK, enough is enough. This is a verdict thread. Feel free to post your opinions about the game, but we will not allow this thread to turn into a slanging match.

Apologies from me, I won't comment further.

For goodness sake - you wouldn't think our team had won yesterday.

This unacceptable posting needs to stop now before infractions are handed out. Others don't want to wade through or get involved in petty arguments that will drive people away from the forum. Fucking pack it in will you?

Back on topic now please.

Clear that Edwards handled it. Equally clear that he looks suitably embarrassed. Not a hand of god punch by a million miles, so I think we simply accept our good fortune and move on to the next game. These things happen: some go for you and some go against. But what happened yesterday was a long way down the scale of deliberate cheating.

Clear that Edwards handled it. Equally clear that he looks suitably embarrassed. Not a hand of god punch by a million miles, so I think we simply accept our good fortune and move on to the next game. These things happen: some go for you and some go against. But what happened yesterday was a long way down the scale of deliberate cheating.

Pretty much my view of it. I don't think he's deliberately tried to con the ref here, and the vitriol from Blackburn should be towards the ref and his assistant rather than Edwards.

We got lucky, not question about it.

Having seen some highlights - I think Ikeme should do better with the goal, he gets there but almost throws the ball into the net net instead of trying to palm it out.

Iorfa was ok but not up to his standards of last season.

Whilst Wolves had most of the ball I think Blackburn looked more threatening, though as we were away from home this is normal, but better teams will punish us if we are as sloppy.

Edwards played well, unfortuantely he best wrok was when he drifted in from the left and this made us very lopsided.

If KJ thinks we set up to play a diamond formation then I'm not sure he told the team as we in no way shape or form played a diamond!

Pretty much my view of it. I don't think he's deliberately tried to con the ref here, and the vitriol from Blackburn should be towards the ref and his assistant rather than Edwards.

Indeed. I wasn't going mad at Steve Cook last season when Van La Parra got sent off, it was Mike Jones' fault for a horrendous call, the fucking supply teacher wanker. Ditto I don't think it was Stephen Warnock's fault that Bottlejob Halsey failed to send him off at Molineux vs Villa.

The officials should have spotted it as it was pretty obvious.

Iorfa was ok but not up to his standards of last season.

For a 20 minute period in that second half Iorfa was all over the place, a clumsey booking, switching off on diagonal crosses, lunges that were a million miles away and his footwork wasn't there. Shook it off towards the end of the half, however he still has a lot to learn.

Anybody got any highlights that show Ojo or ALF, or even Coady on the ball?

The Ch5 highlights don't even show Edward's handball really, you just see him lunge for the ball with his head and then the ball hits the goalie on the chest and goes in.

Best (only) hope is going to be Blackburn's YouTube channel. Our official channel went to shite around February, decided to put all the highlights into one minute (and branded it as such) in favour of showing Kuszczak/Ikeme celebrating a goal down the other and filming the South Bank's reactions, very helpful.

On WolvesPlayer there are 11 minutes of highlights. It shows Ojo's penalty claim which is definitely not a dive, terrible decision!

BTW chant of the day.

NSFW

Nouha's got a massive cock, Dicko, Dicko
He tucks it in his football sock, Dicko, Dicko
He fooked a girl and now she's dead
He swings his cock around his head
Nouha Dicko is a fookin sex machine

Best (only) hope is going to be Blackburn's YouTube channel. Our official channel went to $#@!e around February, decided to put all the highlights into one minute (and branded it as such) in favour of showing Kuszczak/Ikeme celebrating a goal down the other and filming the South Bank's reactions, very helpful.

I've been there and it's about the same as Ch5, a little longer but the extra is Blackburn stuff, as you would expect.
Wolves player seems to have highlights lasting over 11 minutes but you have to be a member.

Blackburn's channel shows exactly the same video. At least it shows you their two other first half chances, the shot wide and the header.

Back