• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn 1 Wolves 2 (Afobe & Diego Edwardona): The Verdict

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Off you go chaps...

Good, solid win to start the season

Get the fuck in. That is all. Dominated the 2nd half.

That'll do for me, man how i have missed the tension, @cyprotime!!

Fantastic result!

Great start, we should be beating teams like this so a good marker to put down. Awesome for Afobe to carry on where he left off. As I said on the match thread Bully's record in this league was 26, I think he beats it this year if he stays fit.

Tim II saying either Stearman or Coady his MOTM

Also hope this stops people banging on about that bloody 1-5 at Ewood Park every time we go there now. Four wins on the spin away at Blackburn, we're becoming a bogey team for them.

Great start for the lads. Away win 1st day bodes well. Yippee.................... football time again

Good solid away win after what sounded like a nervous first 10 mins.

Dominated possession - these are games we need to win if we are to gain promotion.

Superb result and important to get off the mark so early in the season.

Doesn't sound like we played at our best - certainly in the opening stages but a win is a win and we'll always be dangerous with Afobe and Dicko in the side.

Deutsch is right - I know a fair few Rovers fans and have had 2 texts already calling us their bogey side!

A good win. Always good to start with a win. Highlights will be interesting.

A good win. Always good to start with a win. Highlights will be interesting.

really want to see Edwards goal. No doubt we got lucky and hope it was as described in terms of a flick rather than a punch. Hope Ojo learns from his yellow card as well.

2nd half sounded like we closed it down after failing to add to the goals after the first 10 and the last few mins were nervy as Blackburn put everyone forward.

Afobe has scored 14 goals in 22 games for us. Wowzers.

Highlights on at a more sensible time as well - will be interesting to see what sort of programme they come up with

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 13m13 minutes ago

Kenny acknowledges the ball hit Dave Edwards hand for Wolves second goal. Said he doesn't feel it was necessarily deliberate.

If KJ is saying is that, then that's that for me.

Lucky goal but nothing to worry about from Davey boy. Ref and his assistant messed that one up.

Highlights on at a more sensible time as well - will be interesting to see what sort of programme they come up with

C5's previous Football efforts have been beyond dire...so expectation levels are set at low.

Hand of God Mk II!

Was only able to follow the Wolves tweets but it seems like aside from the first 10-15 minutes and a lucky escape at the end we more or less had control of that game! Am very happy with that and it's brilliant to have a positive start!

Back