• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blackburn 1 Wolves 2 (Afobe & Diego Edwardona): The Verdict

Charging for extended highlights in 2015 is a ridiculous concept and actually penalises regular attendees - including televised games I'm likely to see us play 30+ times this season so I and anyone else in my boat are unlikely to subscribe to Wolves Player as the use out of it would be minimal. Meaning that your regular customers (for want of a better word) are effectively barred from seeing decent footage of the minority of games they don't see live, unless they like wasting money on largely unused subscriptions.

Blackburn's channel shows exactly the same video. At least it shows you their two other first half chances, the shot wide and the header.

Thanks Bear but they are the one I've seen that don't show Benik's other chance, Ojo, ALF or Coady on the ball, in fact not much of Wolves considering we had 57% of the game. Appreciate your effort though.

I'm only posting it for people's convenience, not because it's great or anything.

Charging for extended highlights in 2015 is a ridiculous concept and actually penalises regular attendees - including televised games I'm likely to see us play 30+ times this season so I and anyone else in my boat are unlikely to subscribe to Wolves Player as the use out of it would be minimal. Meaning that your regular customers (for want of a better word) are effectively barred from seeing decent footage of the minority of games they don't see live, unless they like wasting money on largely unused subscriptions.
Indeed. Just checked. £38 for the season. I guess it works out at less than a pound per game, but as you say for those people who go regularly it's a waste of money.

There's a £4.50 option for a month which I guess you could have when you plan on not going and when we don't have Sky games on. I might do that actually, assuming there's the same level of highlights for each game.

Can any Wolves Player member comment on the quality of the highlights? If they are worth it then I'll subscribe.

They were fairly good. If you hadn't been to the game or heard about it you would have thought it was all Blackburn though.

Did it show Afobe's missed chance in the first half where he air-kicked?

No I don't think it did, which is what I had been waiting for!

BTW chant of the day.

NSFW

Nouha's got a massive cock, Dicko, Dicko
He tucks it in his football sock, Dicko, Dicko
He fooked a girl and now she's dead
He swings his cock around his head
Nouha Dicko is a fookin sex machine

Jesus. That's horrendous!!!

That's the worst chant I've ever seen.

Shocking.

Indeed. Just checked. £38 for the season. I guess it works out at less than a pound per game, but as you say for those people who go regularly it's a waste of money.

There's a £4.50 option for a month which I guess you could have when you plan on not going and when we don't have Sky games on. I might do that actually, assuming there's the same level of highlights for each game.

I think its shit that you have to pay extra to watch extra highlights. For all those that are home and away season ticket holders that shit should be free..

Indeed. Or they should get a big discount like half price. If you're home and away STH then you should get it for free.

Having recorded Ch5 Football Tonight programme, I initially whizzed through to see the Wolves highlights.

I have since watched the whole show and find it absolutely dreadful. There was no particular order in the H/Ls and there were 'ordinary' fans standing around on the set like cardboard cut-outs looking awkward and embarrassed. The presenters, who did their best, asked one of the fans about a penalty decision and you couldn't hear his reply because they didn't have a microphone on him, so she had to repeat what he said. They also had a live audience. Why?

Don't these Producers understand that we just want to see highlights of the game, with some background info.. So cut the crap and just show the football.

Great 3 points and I would have taken 1 before the game. I think we will play a lot better than that and not win games .

Anybody got any highlights that show Ojo or ALF, or even Coady on the ball?

Tbf Ojo hardly touched the ball - his first touch set up a chance for blackburn and his second touch he got booked for diving.... (tho it wasn't a dive)

Tbf Ojo hardly touched the ball - his first touch set up a chance for blackburn and his second touch he got booked for diving.... (tho it wasn't a dive)

Was there any on pitch reason KJ didn't make subs until very late?

We looked pretty solid to be fair. Blackburn were creating nothing until Koita came on.

I though Ojo would come on for Henry who I didn't really rate as having a particularly good game.

Ojo did also have a bursting run to close down a defender with a tackle and stop them lumping it forward quickly. Good pressure.

Was there any on pitch reason KJ didn't make subs until very late?

Think ALF only came on as Dicko took a slight knock so it made sense to sub him off. With Ojo, I would guess it was left late as he has only just joined us.

Other than that there was no reason I could see why the subs were so late

Back