• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Blues 0-2 Wolves: The Verdict

Iorfa was quality. Williamson and Coady hearts on the line blood and thunder performances, weve badly needed a bit of that.

People are saying that Birmingham City were not very good. Could it be that Wolves did not allow them to play as they wanted to. Credit where it is due.

People are saying that Birmingham City were not very good. Could it be that Wolves did not allow them to play as they wanted to. Credit where it is due.

Fair bit of accuracy in that Frank - yes our game plan & execution of it stopped them. Even allowing for that they weren't very good

Well chuffed with the result and the performance, glad Williamson looks good, glad tha Byne is also improving with game time, I know Ojo scored but personally would like to see the bacl of him and give Graham a go. Afobe not great but will have better games. Still not sure of the point of Holt, we have 2 better strikers and play best with one up front and 2 wide players

Absolutely. Their whole game revolves about the wingers getting joy and crosses in for Donaldson. Iorfa absolutely OWNED the winger on one side and Golbourne with some assistance shut down the other channel effectively. As soon as that was shut down they were reduced to lumping it to Donaldson and that was meat and drink for Williamson, Batth and Iorfa.

Agree with much of what has been written - good performance etc., Williamson very good, Iorfa outstanding. But the match highlighted how badly we have under-performed this season. There were BCFC one point off second place and they were simply poor. For Rowett to have taken 76 points from his first 46 league games with that squad is some achievement.
But onwards and upwards for Wolves: Bristol City currently 4 down at half time so Tuesday looks promising...

No need for the smug 'I told you so' shit btw. We're all happy we've won, leave it out.

The first time we've properly done a team over this season and it's rekindled a bit of hope within me. Not even against Hudds or Fulham did we completely shut down our opposition and cut them up on the break like we did last season. Not a poor Wolves player on the pitch IMO, Iorfa, Williamson, Coady, Macca and Byrne (first half) the pick of the bunch for me. Iorfa was particularly class. When he wrestled Donaldson off the ball in the corner second half... Top defending.

Fans were awesome. Loved it. Walk back to New St. was a bit dodgy though.

Tactically very good..we werent too troubled all day..best players for me iorfa, williamson, edwards, byrne, henry...yeah almost the whole team ;)

Martinez was class as well btw. If we had the money I'd bid £5/6M in Jan Tongo Doumbia stylee and get him permanently.

No need for the smug 'I told you so' shit btw. We're all happy we've won, leave it out.

The first time we've properly done a team over this season and it's rekindled a bit of hope within me. Not even against Hudds or Fulham did we completely shut down our opposition and cut them up on the break like we did last season. Not a poor Wolves player on the pitch IMO, Iorfa, Williamson, Coady, Macca and Byrne (first half) the pick of the bunch for me. Iorfa was particularly class. When he wrestled Donaldson off the ball in the corner second half... Top defending.

Fans were awesome. Loved it. Walk back to New St. was a bit dodgy though.

There's no smugness, there is an element of calm the fuck down and give credit where due for some.

I think that is what everyone is doing today. Credit for an excellent away performance.

It always gets massively overstated when KJ is perceived to have lost the tactical battle so full credit goes to him today, as he comprehensively outdid Rowett (who I really rate).

There's no smugness, there is an element of calm the fuck down and give credit where due for some.

See the rest of the post you quoted for credit where its due. I dont think Im being unfair in asking where the fuck that performance has been the rest of this season though. Today we exposed Brum for the poor side they are, why didn't we do that vs Bolton/PNE/Brentford etc?

delighted we've won today. was very important given last 3 games so pleased for KJ and the team to get rewards. a massive clean sheet is the basis and hope some defensive solidity sets in now.

See the rest of the post you quoted for credit where its due. I dont think Im being unfair in asking where the fuck that performance has been the rest of this season though. Today we exposed Brum for the poor side they are, why didn't we do that vs Bolton/PNE/Brentford etc?

Not at all mate. I was merely answering your general point re smugness.

Back