• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bolton Wanderers (A) build up 12/9

Well in those two games, we certainly did. We only played for half an hour of the two games

In anticipation of the game a Bolton newspaper have provided the John McGinlay Greatest moments.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/spor...nderers_legend__John_McGinlay_s_top_50_at_50/

"The play-off semi-final showdown with Wolves is delicately poised. A corner comes in and there is an almighty scramble in Mike Stowell’s goal. As a melee ensues, McGinlay gives David Kelly what he later described as a “wee push” – and cemented his legacy with both sets of Wanderers fans, as hero and villain. "

Now hold on there sonny :mad:

I'm sure I say this every time we play Bolton and the subject rears its head, as much of a reprehensible fat scumbag as McGinlay is, we could still be playing that match now and we wouldn't have scored. We were heading out anyway on away goals and we were abject on the night. First leg was the opportunity when we should have won minimum 4-1.

So pleased that proper football is back again.

Agreed! The international break is hard work, I'm actually looking forward to the Reading vs Ipswich game tonight!

PLEASE win tomorrow, Wolves. This is the only game I get really miserable after if we lose. Worse than Blues/Albion, anyone else. By quite a long way. About time we beat these utter wankers on their own patch.

An Alfie hat trick would be perfect.

An Alfie hat trick would be perfect.

That would be ultra sweet. Although I'd take ANY win, I don't care how spawny it is, how badly we play or if Edwards starts and has a shocker meaning TWF resumes the long, drawn out Edwards argument for yet another week. I won't care - just bloody well win.

The silky, flowing, attacking football with goals (for us) aplenty can wait until the Brighton match if need be.

An edwards handball & one of our players not to get seen punching one of theirs...

An edwards handball & one of our players not to get seen punching one of theirs...

A slight alteration to this one.

Dom Iorfa to not get seen punching Neil Lennon...

PLEASE win tomorrow, Wolves. This is the only game I get really miserable after if we lose. Worse than Blues/Albion, anyone else. By quite a long way. About time we beat these utter wankers on their own patch.

SPADES! I'm wholeheartedly with you on this Langers, I really dislike notlob!

Shame I can't go - but I'm not sure an away game is ideal prep for the Great North Run tomorrow!

PLEASE win tomorrow, Wolves. This is the only game I get really miserable after if we lose. Worse than Blues/Albion, anyone else. By quite a long way. About time we beat these utter $#@!ers on their own patch.

There about third on my dislike list after Blues and Albion, all comes from the 90's when they were the most hateful opposition you could wish to play against.

There about third on my dislike list after Blues and Albion, all comes from the 90's when they were the most hateful opposition you could wish to play against.

That was only the start of it for me. And they're far worse than Albion or Blues.

Albion probably wouldn't even be in my top 10 team I hate. There are far worse.

That was only the start of it for me. And they're far worse than Albion or Blues.

Albion probably wouldn't even be in my top 10 team I hate. There are far worse.

I've had to work with a couple of highly obnoxious Albion fans recently so my dislike comes from there really, Blues have the deluded unpleasant fans around.

Back