• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bolton Wanderers (A) build up 12/9

There is no way that Edwards playing every game will cost us going up, there will be many other factors, seems to me people either hate him (as a player) or think he is great, as a perpetual fence sitter I fall in between, imo he has been mostly good this season but obviously he isn't the greatest midfielder of all time, think its interesting that most managers/coaches he's played for rate him and I don't think its just for his commitment/workrate. I don't really fequent other forums etc much so is it just the majority on here that think he's rubbish or is it Wolves fans in general?

If he wins the player of the month vote (which I think he will) then I'll be accepting apologies at your own leisure.

You realise player of the month can also reflect being the best of a bad bunch? Just because Edwards may well win the award is ultimately a fragile argument; Afobe, McDonald, Iorfa, Ikeme and Hause have all come in for criticism in the opening weeks but during the course of the season they will all find another couple of gears, Edwards is playing at his optimum and cannot.

I've defended Edwards in a previous exchange with DW but I also acknowledge he is limited and at his age he's no longer improving, this is his lot IMO.

I'd always have Edwards on the bench as in pretty much any game situation his energy and workrate would be helpful. We'd need to be suffering with injuries for me to ever start him though for reasons I've mentioned before around tempo and balance

and McAteer's goal was the flukey shinned shanked effort as well. "Brilliant goal" my arse Mr Parry.....

Like I said, Bitter......

It was John Sillet that said that.

I thing Edwards gets unnecessary criticism and he also got my vote for potm.

He's not amazing but he's not as weak as some feel IMO.

I thing Edwards gets unnecessary criticism and he also got my vote for potm.

He's not amazing but he's not as weak as some feel IMO.

Agreed. He wouldn't get into my XI with a fully fit squad but I've never understood the ferocity of some of the criticism he gets.

Agreed. He wouldn't get into my XI with a fully fit squad but I've never understood the ferocity of some of the criticism he gets.

I think that is the problem. You could probably count on one hand the number of us who would select him in our strongest XI yet our manager (and every one of the last 5) pick him ad nauseam

I think we might line up in the 4231 again with Dicko injured and unable to get a loan in to cover his injury yet.

Ikeme/Martinez
Doherty EEL Hause Golbourne
Coady McDonald
Bryne Edwards Henry
Afobe

I'd personally consider involving Price, Wallace, Ojo & ALF in the starting 11 but I expect them to be on the bench vs Bolton

Wow, this really is a big game for them isn't it?

They are due a hammering from us big time.

It really is tin pot how they wheel this cunt out every time we play. Bore off.

Back