• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bolton Wanderers (A) build up 12/9

Did they mean that free kick? Lovely pass by Willie Carr either way. Always impressed by him whenever I watch old Wolves footage.

Just old enough to remember this one.

Indeed, we all remember the second leg...

Was it that year a very irritated and upset Bull publicly said some of his team mates were too happy being in Division One?

and McAteer's goal was the flukey shinned shanked effort as well. "Brilliant goal" my arse Mr Parry.....

Like I said, Bitter......

Did they mean that free kick? Lovely pass by Willie Carr either way. Always impressed by him whenever I watch old Wolves footage.

What crap coloured shorts we were wearing !

The bloody Football League allowing Bolton to sign Shilton miles after the transfer deadline had passed.

That semi-final defeat was absolute robbery, we missed a fair few clear chance in the second leg as well.
Long over due a win up there haven't won since Robbie Keanes diving header in the cup in 1999.

Have they wheeled out McGinlay for this yet? Doesn't he normally come out with some tripe when we're due to play them?

Don't know, don't think I've despised an opposition player more than him.
That Bolton side were a hateful bunch.

=============Ikeme================

Iorfa=== EEL=== ===Hause ========Golbourne

==========Price======== Coady========

==============McDonald===========

===Edwards=======Afobe=====Wallace====

If McDonald isn't fit then I'd play Rowe where Coady is and Coady where McDonald is.
We are away from home and need to ensure we don't lose.

That's hideous!

Bolton are shite - we need to get at them.

I reckon we will start ALF and Afobe. Midfield of Henry, McDonald, Coady, Edwards.

That's hideous!

Bolton are $#@!e - we need to get at them.

Hideous?
You're entitled to your opinion Nando, even if it's wrong.

All our main goalscorers are there and good cover for the defence. Width with the wing-backs and cover when they get forward.
IMO that side will ensure we don't lose and give us a great chance to win.

I reckon we will start ALF and Afobe. Midfield of Henry, McDonald, Coady, Edwards.

You'd play a straight 442 with Edwards on the left? Or have you got Afobe behind ALF?

I think it will be similar to how we have been playing this season. Just Le Fondre in for Dicko. That's not what I would play mind.

I don't think we can go with three central midfielders and two wingers who'd also prefer to be playing centrally.

I'd have Wallace behind the forward, giving him license to roam. Byrne should be coming into the team.

Our full backs aren't wing backs, even if they're classy footballers.

I think YW is right. It'll be the Rhombus. Maybe Wallace/Byrne in for McDonald with Edwards moved inside.

I don't see him dropping Edwards, especially after his praise in midweek and le Fondre has to start after impressing vs Addicks.

The thing is we all know exactly what Edwards will do (or more pertinently, not do). Why do we have to wait for him to have a shocker - which will inevitably mean the team suffers - before we bring in a better player? And he was actively detrimental to us vs Charlton anyway when he was nominally parked on the right, same as he was on the opposite side vs QPR.

Back