• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bolton Wanderers (A) build up 12/9

Lycan

Jeff Shi's Bitch
Reaction score
Quite tempted to go to this one.

Horwich look bobbins this season, no matter what happens in the last few days of the transfer window these are the games we need to win if we're going to go up.

Every side should be looking at Bolton and thinking anything less than three points is a failure. Lennon looks completely out of his depth with his recruitment looking exceedingly poor and his tactics hopeless.

I will see you there then.

Any decent pubs in the area? Only reason I might not go is that last year I ended up in the Beehive and hated it. Quite tempted to drink in Manchester/Preston and then get the train through to Horwich for the game.

Any decent pubs in the area? Only reason I might not go is that last year I ended up in the Beehive and hated it. Quite tempted to drink in Manchester/Preston and then get the train through to Horwich for the game.

I am sure that LeedsWolf will know which are the decent pubs in the Bolton area...

I'm off to this one as well. Can't buy tickets until next weekend though. We should get the top tier as well I'd imagine?

Anyone got any route tips for the drive up? I saw one away guide saying avoid the M60 because of the Trafford Centre.

I'm off to this one as well. Can't buy tickets until next weekend though. We should get the top tier as well I'd imagine?

Anyone got any route tips for the drive up? I saw one away guide saying avoid the M60 because of the Trafford Centre.

Yep. 1600 in the lower, 2000 in the upper which will be sent once the lower sells out.

Only the bit past the Trafford Centre itself and over the Ship Canal. The bit of the M60 between M62 and M61 will be fine on a Saturday afternoon.

What changes do we want to see?

I'd personally like this squad. Give McDonald a rest.

Enobakhare Afobe
Ojo Wallace Henry
Coady
Golbourne Hause EEL Iorfa
Ikeme

Two goalkeepers and Ikeme up front?

Don't be saft, we'll still concede.

Waste of time trying to guess the team ubtil the window closes.

I don't think Ikeme can keep his place for this one. Three games and at fault for a goal in every one.

With the squad as it stands:

---------------------Martinez------------------

Iorfa------Ebanks-Landell----Hause-----Golbourne

-------------Coady--------Price---------------

-----Henry---------Afobe---------Ojo-----------

------------------Le Fondre------------------------

Subs: Ikeme, Doherty, Rowe, Edwards, Wallace, Graham, Enobakhare.

McDonald has to stay out until he's properly fit as he just hinders us at the moment. He can't run at the best of times but he's just nowhere near. I'm assuming neither Batth nor Saville will be ready. Of course we will probably have signed at least one player between now and then.

one thing we can guarantee is Edwards will play, I have a bad feeling he will play alongside Coady. He just shouldn't be an option in that position. It worries me that KJ feels he has to fit team around him. Personally, if McDonald isn't fit it should be Price in there

Whether Saville is ready or not wouldn't put him in the 18 as seen nothing since we signed him to justify the money spent.

As to keepers both seem prone to mistakes at the moment so would be inclined to pick one & stick with it - Ikeme for me at the moment, then I am scarred by the QPR debacle

We could do with Price in anyway, he'd help snuff out the threat from Clough who is their only quality player.

About time we won a league game here, we'll never have a better chance.

2014/15: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: D 2-2 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2011/12: L 2-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2010/11: L 2-3 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2009/10: W 2-1 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2003/4: L 1-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2000/1: L 0-2 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1999/0: W 1-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1998/9: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A), W 2-1 (A, FAC)
1996/7: L 1-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
1994/5: W 3-1 (H), L 1-5 (A), W 2-1 (H, P/O), L 0-2 (A, P/O)
1993/4: W 1-0 (H), W 3-1 (A)

Gold star if you can name the manager the last time we won a league game at Bolton.

Colin Lee... Was it the FA cup and Keane scored twice?

Taylor wasn't in charge for that one (he was in the stand though). That pretty much gives the answer away...

Lee won our last game there and our only ever one at Horwich, didn't do it in the league though.

Back