• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Someone I know who is pro Tory, Boris, Brexit etc posts on Facebook about how poor it is they can't get an appointment at their local GP and how much they don't want to burden an underfunded NHS.

If his local councillor or MP doesn't wear a blue rosette on election night then it can't be the fault of the PM.

Fair spot. His name isn't Boris and he doesn't live at No 10.

I have no idea how he's leaking money everywhere, even with his million children and multiple divorce settlements. This is not a good trait in a leader.

CON (+6)

I wonder if this is it, people don't see themselves as working class anymore and what better way to prove it than by voting Tory.
This keeps repeating itself.

Look at this moron from 2015.

Yeah, I didn't think they were coming for ME when they said they'd slash the welfare budget by £12bn. Fuck these people, complete fucking cunts.

Yeah, I didn't think they were coming for ME when they said they'd slash the welfare budget by £12bn. Fuck these people, complete fucking cunts.
I kind of understand it though, outwardly people project through the things they have that theyre doing well but it's all financed on debt. It makes sense to me that folk would then vote Tory to say they definitely aren't working class anymore.

Kicked the enquiry into the pandemic until next spring.

Call an election before any criticisms are out in the report - job done.

I think I saw somewhere that she is a mayor or a Councillor now.

I wonder if this is it, people don't see themselves as working class anymore and what better way to prove it than by voting Tory.
That was what Thatcher and selling council houses off was all about. Own your own home and you must be middle class

Kicked the enquiry into the pandemic until next spring.

Call an election before any criticisms are out in the report - job done.
No one ever gives a fuck about enquiries anyway. Of course they should - but they don't. When has anyone ever been punished on the back of an enquiry? You only have to look at the recent Patel bullying one to see that they're a waste of time.

No one ever gives a fuck about enquiries anyway. Of course they should - but they don't. When has anyone ever been punished on the back of an enquiry? You only have to look at the recent Patel bullying one to see that they're a waste of time.
An enquiry would be quicker. Johnson publically asked 'why are you a massive cunt?' An inquiry will take significantly longer and be less fun

That was what Thatcher and selling council houses off was all about. Own your own home and you must be middle class
She did alright out of it! What I don't get about Thatcher is that she seemed to be universally hated but had two terms, then was followed by another Tory.

If she/ the Tories were hated so much, why did people vote for her / them?

Was Thatcher universally hated? She is still loved by many now? There are many that loathed her more than any PM since, but i'm not sure she was universally hated?

She wasn't universally hated, she was divisive moreso even that Johnson. She had 3 terms

A bit before my time, the impression I get is that everyone hated her. I guess it could be a very vocal minority

If you read celebrity Twitter you'd think Johnson was universally hated, that doesn't translate to the general public either in opinion polls or elections. Thatcher was similar but instead of social media it was comedians, actors and musicians. Although obviously a considerable % of the population did hate her it wasn't as many who loved her for one or many of union bashing, council house selling, deregulation/share ownership, war mongering, strong leadership

Plus you have to look at the opposition she was up against. Callaghan had presided over the winter of discontent. Foot was responsible for a manifesto that was called the longest suicide note in history and Kinnock was gaffe prone and almost a figure of ridicule.

Back