• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Does the Alex angst have to stop for the day as yet another child of his arrives in the world?
I’m pretty sure if he could find 365 desperadoes each year ongoing he would quite happily fertilise the lot as some sort of deflection strategy.

Have to hand it to Carrie, great sense of timing on her, always manages to drop sprogs at just the right time for a distraction, guess Al will be off on paternity leave ASAP to avoid any questions

Jesus wept, how many kids is that he has now?

In May the PM told Lord Geidt that he did not know who was behind No11 flat refurb until Feb 2021.

29 November 2020: the Prime Minister messaged Lord Brownlow via WhatsApp asking him to authorise further, at that stage unspecified, refurbishment works on the residence. Lord Brownlow agreed to do so, and also explained that the proposed trust had not yet been set up but that he knew where the funding was coming from.

30 November 2020: Lord Brownlow confirmed to the senior party official his intention to cover the further refurbishment costs personally.

December 2020: Lord Brownlow discussed further proposed works with the supplier, approved the work, and requested invoices.

6 December 2020: Lord Brownlow confirmed to the Prime Minister that he had approved further works.

18 December 2020: Lord Brownlow paid £33,484.80 to the supplier. Cabinet Office officials were informed of the payment by Lord Brownlow at a meeting regarding the proposed trust on 21 January 2021.

This is the thing with habitual liars. Eventually you get caught out, because it's lie on top of lie on top of lie. People might believe the first or even the second one on face value. As you go down the chain, it's too easy to unravel. We knew Johnson was a liar, this was all inevitable.

I speak from experience as a) someone who used to do that when I had substance issues (not that it's an excuse, but nor am I that person any more) and b) someone who had to ostracise an idiot who would never learn not so long ago.

If they actually do lose North Shropshire (I remain to be convinced) then that will be huge.

Tory vote over the years:

2019: 62.7% (Labour 22.1%)
2017: 60.5% (Labour 31.1%)
2015: 51.5% (Labour 19.9%)
2010: 51.5% (Lib Dems 20.9%)
2005: 49.6% (Labour 25.9%)
2001: 48.6% (Labour 35.2%)
1997: 40.2% (Labour 36.0%)

Essentially it's the kind of seat they never need to think about.

Read some interesting analysis a while back that said the Tories are actually in quite a lot of trouble medium to long term, as their base in the shires is much more vulnerable to the lib Dems than it appears and the red wall seats are liable to switch once brexit is fading as a hot topic.

n shrops is a massive barometer of how boris is fucking the tories. I agree with you that the most likely outcome is they'll hold, but if they did lose it, I'd expect internal pressure on boris to escalate a fair bit.

it really does come to something when the entire fucking cabinet go into hiding from the media on the day strattons video became public. I want to assume it's because they all went "nah, you'll have to front this" to boris, but actually i think it's more cos they're cowards.

I speak from experience as a) someone who used to do that when I had substance issues (not that it's an excuse, but nor am I that person any more) and b) someone who had to ostracise an idiot who would never learn not so long ago.
So that's why Kenny doesn't post on here anymore!

Back