• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

The email..

“Hi all, after what has been an incredibly busy period we thought it would be nice to make the most of the lovely weather and have some socially distanced drinks in the No 10 garden this evening. Please join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!”

Part of the so called apology

I should have recognised that even if it could be said technically to fall within the guidance,

He knows it bollocks, the public know its bollocks but he will continue to say it was technically within the rules. I'm hoping that Cummings might have evidence that he told the PM that the 'gathering' was wrong.

And to top his day the High Court has ruled that the fast Lane awards of PPE contracts were unlawful.

Interesting analysis here by human rights barrister Adam Wagner, highlighting the fact Boris Johnson’s apology sought to explicitly deny personal liability.

The suggestion is, then, that if Sue Gray concludes rules were broken, the PM will continue to claim he “implicitly” believed the event he attended was work-related, effectively pleading ignorance to avoid having to resign.

“Also, PM has probably been advised that the only possible personal liability would be as an accessory to others’ criminal offences (he wasn’t outside of his home so not subject to the restriction on movement regulation). So has to say he ‘implicitly’ didn’t believe it broke rules.”

At a post-PMQs briefing Labour said it was now only a matter of time before Boris Johnson had to go. A spokesman for the Labour leader said:
As Keir said in PMQs today, it is only a matter of time now whether the prime minister is rejected by the public, the Conservative party or does the decent thing and resigns himself, and those are still the three ways forward.
If you’re asking why Keir Starmer used the language he did today, it was very simply because we have now got, after all of the various tortured attempts at explaining what happened, an on-the-record acknowledgement in parliament from the prime minister that the rules were broken, that there was inappropriate behaviour in Downing Street, that he was involved in it, and, by any reasonable measure, I think that meets the test of calling on him to resign.
The spokesman also said Starmer did not want to see civil servants take the blame on Johnson’s behalf. He said:
We have kept the focus on the person who is responsible and the buck stops with the prime minister.
We don’t want to see an exercise where civil servants are going to get thrown under the bus to try and protect the prime minister - the fact of the matter is that the culture in government is set from the top and so our interest is in what the prime minister knew, when he knew it and why he hasn’t been able to tell us the truth up to this point.

Johnson 'dead man walking', claims Tory MP Roger Gale
Sir Roger Gale, a veteran Tory backbencher, has described Boris Johnson as a “dead man walking”. He told Radio 4’s the World at One:
Unfortunately what the prime minister has said today leaves people like me in an impossible situation.
We now know that the prime minister spent 25 minutes at what was quite clearly a party. That means that he misled the house.
I fear that it is now going to have to be the work of the 1922 [Committee] to determine precisely how we proceed.
If you look at the twittersphere after prime minister’s question time today, it sounds to me I am afraid very much as though politically the prime minister is a dead man walking.

He now reckons he didn't get the email. Yeah, ok.

But he was magically there at the appointed start time, and his horrible wife was with him, drinking gin (as per Peston). What kind of "work event" is this exactly? Notwithstanding that in May 2020, there were no "work events". Just work.

The only other explanation is he doesn't know what's going on in his own house or his own garden while he's there, and I don't think someone of that capacity is fit to tie their own shoes let alone run a country.

What were all the Met police in and around the building doing as well, did none of them think " hang on, this is dodgy, I'll mention it to a sergeant or inspector"

He now reckons he didn't get the email. Yeah, ok.

But he was magically there at the appointed start time, and his horrible wife was with him, drinking gin (as per Peston). What kind of "work event" is this exactly? Notwithstanding that in May 2020, there were no "work events". Just work.

The only other explanation is he doesn't know what's going on in his own house or his own garden while he's there, and I don't think someone of that capacity is fit to tie their own shoes let alone run a country.

For once I'm inclined to believe that he didn't get the e-mail.

“Hi all, after what has been an incredibly busy period we thought it would be nice to make the most of the lovely weather and have some socially distanced drinks in the No 10 garden this evening. Please join us from 6pm and bring your own booze!”

The we and us contained in the e-mail suggests that more than one person other than the Principal Private Secretary to the Prime Minister
was responsible for the content of the invitation. I just struggle to think who that could be....

According to those who've been in No 10/11, there is no way you can "spill out" from the office areas - some of which are No 10, some of which are Whitehall and interconnected - into the garden area, it's completely unfeasible. In terms of sheer geography and the multiple levels of security you'd have to go through. You can get there, sure. But it's not like me making a cuppa in my kitchen and deciding to open my back door and sit in the garden to drink it.

I don't know why they tie themselves in such stupid knots of their own making.

Reactions: jlo
Seems it was my garden so I wasn't breaking the rules myself is his best effort at a defence. Sue Gray will find that he technically didn't do anything wrong as he was in his own garden and wasn't the host, but the party was against guidance is my bet.

Still can't see him surviving it. Not recognising it as a party and not immediately ending it is indefensible even if you are naive enough to believe the rest of the bullshit

For all that to apply, you have to believe:

- His own right hand man doesn't send him emails (including ones for events that happen in his own home)
- He magically went into the garden at the precise moment this started
- He routinely brings his wife along to work events, when she has no authority to be there (I actually believe he does this, but he clearly shouldn't)
- Work events at No 10 routinely have everyone drinking alcohol (again probably true, again totally unacceptable)

And you have to overlook that work events weren't allowed in May 2020, indoors or outdoors.

That's asking a lot, and that's his best case scenario.

For all that to apply, you have to believe:

- His own right hand man doesn't send him emails (including ones for events that happen in his own home)
- He magically went into the garden at the precise moment this started
- He routinely brings his wife along to work events, when she has no authority to be there (I actually believe he does this, but he clearly shouldn't)
- Work events at No 10 routinely have everyone drinking alcohol (again probably true, again totally unacceptable)

And you have to overlook that work events weren't allowed in May 2020, indoors or outdoors.

That's asking a lot, and that's his best case scenario.
You also have to question why he believed assurances there had been no breach of Covid Regs in December yet now accepts there was a party. He didn’t need assurances, he was at the gathering. Why did he not recall there had been a social gathering back in December? We all know now there was a party, which he calls a social gathering. He knew 18 months ago but has been denying it until irrefutable proof came to light.

I blame his teachers at Eton for believing his excuses that dinosaurs ate his homework as it lead to him believing he could lie convincingly to anyone and everyone and he’s been doing so ever since.

William Wragg vice chair of the 1922 committee on PM saying he should resign.

Snidey prick Sunak stayed well out of the firing line, ready to swoop in as the champion of all*

*Well tory cunts, anyway

Back