• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

And you still persevere with this nonsense when we could see temps above 40C in a few days...

Firmly believe the planet's resources are finite and readily observe the pollution and social injustice that has occured through a system that was underpinned by mass consumption. I am strongly cynical of people like Schwab, more so of people like Gates and the technocratic vision that seems very influential (I'm being diplomatic there). The quest for net-zero will be accompanied by a mass change in how people live their lives and this is ineffectively communicated by any politician.

It's not about Sunak, it's about being the opposition to him. 2 none white candidates would be like the Women's Institute Little Britain sketch to their membership. Badenoch has the momentum, but surely it'd have to be Truss with promises of high office for the other 2?

I would imagine most people couldn't care less whichever label or box gets ticked they just look to human beings with a vision that will hopefully make other human beings lives better. Clutching at straws there I know.

Just seen they're doing THREE TV debates with the final pair ffs. For what, 200,000 cunts to decide our next PM? Fuck off

This holds the potential to be some of the funniest TV in recent times. Politics and the accompanying media frenzy seem to be akin to an ongoing Chris Morris sketch.

Doesn't matter who the leader is though really, they're all just Tories being Tories. Which is why replace the leader's name with the word Tories makes sense.

Appalling campaign launch speech by Truss. All over the shop in terms of its structure, no policies, lots of I can do this, I've done that without any real achievements of note.

How she is popular enough in her party to get this far is beyond me.

Just been watching Liz For Leader.

Didn't actually say anything but thinly decribes a return to ' Conservative Values ' (whatever they are in 2022 ?) Wouldn't put her in charge of a paintballing team let alone task her with peace in Ukraine or at least being an outspoken advocate of peace. Fair to assume the weapons companies love her.

I was hoping somebody would ask her to define a woman - purely for the comedy.

Just been watching Liz For Leader.

Didn't actually say anything but thinly decribes a return to ' Conservative Values ' (whatever they are in 2022 ?) Wouldn't put her in charge of a paintballing team let alone task her with peace in Ukraine or at least being an outspoken advocate of peace. Fair to assume the weapons companies love her.

I was hoping somebody would ask her to define a woman - purely for the comedy.
Watched it myself, she`s done.

Genuinely would have been better off not saying anything. It was a coin toss between her and Pen to face Richy Rish, and Mord's lack of experience was working in Thick Lizzy's favour.
Totally blown it now.

Watched it myself, she`s done.

Playing out a farce aren't they - but like what somebody said earlier in the thread what have they actually done ?

Just pick 2 of the twats and let them at each other. Have Gove as a warm-up/fluffer.

I watch some of the feed of politicians in the 70's (both sides) and they are far more defined and can argue a case (whether you agree with them or not). There is absolutely nothing in this vacuous lot and I include Starmer in that equation.

Playing out a farce aren't they - but like what somebody said earlier in the thread what have they actually done ?

Just pick 2 of the twats and let them at each other. Have Gove as a warm-up/fluffer.

I watch some of the feed of politicians in the 70's (both sides) and they are far more defined and can argue a case (whether you agree with them or not). There is absolutely nothing in this vacuous lot and I include Starmer in that equation.
During the Brexit referendum campaign, I went back and watched the debate between Tony Benn and Roy Jenkins over joining the EEC in 1975. It is stunning how much more substantive it is than anything you'd get these days:

The first general election I was old enough to form my own opinions about was 2005, but I'm guessing there hasn't been anything like that on national broadcast TV since the 80s. Never understood the point of televised debates in recent years when each participant only has time for soundbites, but clearly the whole political culture has stopped producing people who can actually talk clearly at length and in depth when making the case for their position. The dumbing down of political media has inevitably produced a political class which rewards presentation over substance.

Back