• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

During the Brexit referendum campaign, I went back and watched the debate between Tony Benn and Roy Jenkins over joining the EEC in 1975. It is stunning how much more substantive it is than anything you'd get these days:

The first general election I was old enough to form my own opinions about was 2005, but I'm guessing there hasn't been anything like that on national broadcast TV since the 80s. Never understood the point of televised debates in recent years when each participant only has time for soundbites, but clearly the whole political culture has stopped producing people who can actually talk clearly at length and in depth when making the case for their position. The dumbing down of political media has inevitably produced a political class which rewards presentation over substance.

Absolutely. There is a good documentary about Mandelson and the failed campaign of Gordon Brown. To me Politics is now a psych-ops rather than an education.

dunno, but there are more of them out there than we want to believe.
Was speaking with an irish friend of mine recently. we settled on a definition that the english have tended to become markedly less engaged with political issues than the majority of other nations. As a result, a lot of people make very uninformed decisions or assessments imo.

Literally just spoke to a customer who insisted Fat Al should stay, as "the people voted for him". Anecdotal of course, but there are still loads of them out there.

Literally just spoke to a customer who insisted Fat Al should stay, as "the people voted for him". Anecdotal of course, but there are still loads of them out there.
Well they are guaranteed to be disappointed then. Fuckface will be history very soon indeed.

Suella gone

Penny Mourdant on 83 and Sunak on 101. Hugendstat just about stays in with 32

Still all up for grabs...

Sunak 101

Mordaunt + Tugendhat = 115

Truss + Badenoch = 113

I know that votes will swap around when somebody drops out but it just shows how tight it all is.

Missed off the Braverman votes - 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
Talk that Leadsom would be Mordaunt's Chancellor.

So she's not winning then.

Braverman (and Steve Baker) backing Truss over Badenoch.

Genuinely not sure what's gonna happen now but it's looking likely it'll be Truss or Mordaunt against Sunak in the final two, and considering how unpopular Sunak is with the members whichever of the two it is will probably end up the winner. Joy.

The only positive with Truss is she'd get destroyed at a GE. Her oratory skills are none existent. If she can carry Braverman and Badenoch's votes that should be enough to get her into the final 2 if the last 3 standing are her Sunak and Mordaunt.

Weird that Mordaunt is now being positioned as being from the left of the party because she has some quite mild views on trans rights

David Frost has got some brass neck complaining about Mordaunt not being over the details. I don’t know if she was or wasn’t but he’s the prick who was in charge of the negotiations of the agreement that he and his cronies now want to tear up.
…and people pay him for his opinions.

Back