• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Will, that's not the point though. It's no good saying "it won't get through Parliament" as they have a huge majority and have proved that if they have the will, they can get anything through they want... It won't get through the Lords though, I guess...

Politicians need to learn (and not be allowed to) make false promises, they must be held to account for their lies and can't be allowed to "pander to the minority". Fuck 'em

Last edited:
And it absolutely won't get through parliament.

Its a sop to the gammons she needs to vote for her in the next month.
Changes to the legislation to allow employers to use agency workers to replace striking workers was done by Statutory Instrument to repeal part of a 1976 Act that made it illegal. There is no reason why the government wouldn't do the same to increase thresholds. What makes you think it won't get through parliament when the Government has such a healthy majority? It would take many Tory MPs to object to prevent it happening.

It won't get through the Lords before the next election.
Why not, secondary legislation can be turned around in 40 days? There isn't going to be a general election in the next 40 days of Parliament. For the SI to allow agency workers, a motion of regret was tabled in the Lords, rejected and it is now law

No bother for the Government at all.

I think that a lot of Conservatives in the Commons may have issues too. But, I concede a big rebellion would probably bring a Truss government down.

Also, any legislation like this would be reversed in the first few days of a Labour administration afterwards.

I think that a lot of Conservatives in the Commons may have issues too. But, I concede a big rebellion would probably bring a Truss government down.

Also, any legislation like this would be reversed in the first few days of a Labour administration afterwards.
I do agree that a lot of Conservatives in the Commons have issues.... ;-)

You think after energy prices have gone up at least 75%+ (as they're set to in January), inflation is raging at close to 10%, all our trade routes are fucked because of stupid bloody Brexit, the employment market is dismal, we can't fill low paid jobs because we told all the foreigners to fuck off, we have the weakest Cabinet literally ever, headed by a PM that no-one actually voted for...people are going to vote Tory rather than Labour because Starmer sacked an anti-Semite nobody for doing what he was explicitly told not to do?

I don't think so.
Is he anti-semitic? Genuine question.

Is there anything that Truss won’t say to get into power? She’s championing her upbringing in Yorkshire now having trashed it for the last few weeks. She’s even bringing Don Revie into her speech although having stood at the side of Johnson she’s used to sticking up for crooks.

Not sure it’s the right thread but it is government related.

Birmingham stars including Sir Lenny Henry and Joe Lycett also made appearances to introduce the Commonwealth nations.

Before introducing competing teams from Asia, Lycett said: “I’m going to do something the British government doesn’t often do and welcome some foreigners.”

😂

Andrew Neil interviewing Sunak was a waste of time. Neil just constantly talked over him. Thought Sunak came over quite well when he was actually allowed to speak. Shame Truss bottled it but to be fair Neil’s performance actually made her decision understandable.

Sunak is so far behind that I really don't know why he has to debase himself like he is today with his antiwokeness. You've lost son, don't humilate yourself as well

From the amazing mind of Instagram Liz today:

Everyone who gets 3 A* grades at A-Level is guaranteed an Oxbridge interview.

Some questions:

- How does that work, you make your choices and do interviews (if any) before you've even taken your exams, offers are conditional?
- So is it based on predicted grades then? Thought all our teachers and schools were shit, Liz. Why are we trusting them?
- What if I don't want to go to either? Do I get some other form of compensation? Or I like the idea of both, can I have an interview at both and then choose?
- How does this NOT make Oxford and/or Cambridge massively oversubscribed?
- Aren't there plenty of other British universities that dependent on subject, are actually better regarded? Because I think there are
- How do you manage to put your shoes on the right feet every morning?

Surely a substantial chunk of those interested in Oxbridge get stonking GCSEs and then pass the entrance exam to get the low offer?

(Although my niece just got the stonking A levels to match the offer Oxford made. She graduated this week too, blimey I feel old)

Back