• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

Having a transgender member of a family is exceptionally challenging for everyone involved. Mentally its so damn tough.

The young person spends ages coming to terms with their own mind before coming out with the information. To their family it tends to come as an absolutely massive shock, and as they want to try and get used to the massive change, the young person is already miles past that point in their own head and needs shit to start happening to help them yesterday.

It can tear families to bits. The separation and divorce rate for parents of transgender children compared to the national rate is starkly higher.

So then to see a member of government trying to remove part of the support structure and that schools should openly challenge the young persons mind is a fucking disgrace. If she were in a room with me I would be rather tempted to give her a right slap.

I mean that's the crux of it for me. I'm not sure what the definition of "woke" actually is, as it appears to cover a wide span of bases, but at all turns the alternative - ie "anti-woke", which is what the Tories are going for - is "I am a cunt".

How on earth is that a good look?

Woke appears to be someone who calls out prejudicial behaviour.

The fact this seems to have openly been accepted as "a bad thing" by a section of our society and led by the party in government is a disgrace. Being anti-woke is a different way of saying prejudiced.

I mean that's the crux of it for me. I'm not sure what the definition of "woke" actually is, as it appears to cover a wide span of bases, but at all turns the alternative - ie "anti-woke", which is what the Tories are going for - is "I am a cunt".

How on earth is that a good look?
Trouble is, there are so many people in this country who are on the "anti-woke" bandwagon, it IS a vote winner.

I’m with Kathy Burke on this

Attachments

• AFA56E41-2F03-4903-8300-2803C2FB3270.jpeg
    AFA56E41-2F03-4903-8300-2803C2FB3270.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 42
Are there that many people like that?

Like, literally people who think we should go back to telling Paki and poof jokes?

I'm not sure there are.

They decided 3 or 4 months ago that gender identity was their next culture war. The leadership election has enabled them to amplify it

Are there that many people like that?

Like, literally people who think we should go back to telling Paki and poof jokes?

I'm not sure there are.
I think there are plenty of people like that. Maybe they don’t actually want to be the ones who tell those jokes but they are offended that they can’t and want to be able to hear other people making such jokes.

It is just more evidence of the polarisation that comes with populism. We are in such a mess.

Woke is just one of those terms, it started off as a fairly ambiguous term and got hijacked by various groups to mean what whatever target they wanted to attack. I just ignore it now as I do with other extreme terms.

To be fair the enormous energy rises are at least due to Russia invading Ukraine.

The main other driver is this bunch of fucking twats got rid of all our energy stockpiles that were specifically there to protect against such an occurrence causing a massive price spike.

Russia supplies 3% of the UK's gas. 40% of the UK energy supply is green/sustainable. There is a push to reduce the use of fossil fuels to meet net-zero.

Last edited:
Thankfully my experience in that area with a child being transgender pre-dated that witch being involved. The school could not be more accommodating at the time.

Thankfully society is increasingly less restrictive and supportive to those who are trans, non-binary etc etc. Full force to those who go through this process - I think they are incredibly brave. Nonetheless, the clinical negligence claims against the Tavistock Clinic suggests more work needs doing.

Woke is just one of those terms, it started off as a fairly ambiguous term and got hijacked by various groups to mean what whatever target they wanted to attack. I just ignore it now as I do with other extreme terms.

Woke, snowflake. Think it perfectly reasonable to take ' harmful intent ' out of society. Let's hope that society will one day be constructed on merit and see beyond labels and divisions. Always someone to blame.

Johnson promises a few billion more to the war effort and the machine continues to turn. Vogue magazine not there this time. Not sure why we couldn't send Hugh Grant or Olly Murs. The yanks are much better at this with Cruise and Stiller making visits - damn it even Bono has been but he's also been to the WEF so he's good at this stuff. Clown world. So fucking sad.

Every time Truss opens her mouth something intensely stupid comes out to appeal to the gammons who appear to think she is ace.

Apparently the “jury is out” on whether Macron and France are a friend or a foe. Stupid fucking bitch.

Every time Truss opens her mouth something intensely stupid comes out to appeal to the gammons who appear to think she is ace.

Apparently the “jury is out” on whether Macron and France are a friend or a foe. Stupid fucking bitch.
Up there with her comments on sturgeon.

Macron has responded with something along the lines of, British people are friends of France despite what their politicians might claim.

Back