• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

I've been to Australia many times. I could never live there though. A place where it's socially acceptable to 'coin phrases' such as Gook, Paki, Wog without anyone batting an eyelid. Generally a great place to live if you're Caucasian though.

What time for the next u turn so that teacher assessed grades will be given? Large schools in the shires have suffered downgrades and their Tory MPs aren’t happy.

My guess is before the end of the day.

What time for the next u turn so that teacher assessed grades will be given? Large schools in the shires have suffered downgrades and their Tory MPs aren’t happy.

There's already a backlash to the backlash though which is Year 12 parents whose kids would then be going to be against those a year higher who have missed out on their University place, but will take a year out and go next year if their results are changed back to those predicted. It'll also mean the old Poly's and colleges will struggle to fill their courses this year if that does happen.

I was speaking to a Head of Dept. yesterday who said that it has been decided by OFQUAL that in a particular subject they had to have an A* and a U because that followed their historic measurement. They hadn't predicted either though, so one lad was moved up to A* from an A because he was ranked highest and another got a U from a C because he was lowest

12:41
BreakingAnnouncement on A-levels 'imminent'

A fresh announcement on A-level results in England is coming "imminently", according to reports.

About 40% of results were downgraded after the regulator Ofqual used an algorithm based on schools' previous results when the exams were cancelled due to the pandemic.

And pressure has been mounting on ministers to let teacher-assessed grades stand in England to avoid a second wave of exams chaos hitting GCSE results this week.

BBC education correspondent Sean Coughlan stressed that nothing was confirmed, but said in a tweet there could be a switch to use teachers' grades

- centre assessment grades.

The government has so far stood by its system.

They have to revert to teacher assessments given the chaos that the algorithem has created.

If that means that for this year there is grade inflation then so what - just discount this year for comparative purposes in future years when exams have been sat. If an individual has been overgraded by a sympathetic teacher then they will get found out in the next stage of their education or work, but at least they will have had the chance to prove themselves.

I was speaking to a Head of Dept. yesterday who said that it has been decided by OFQUAL that in a particular subject they had to have an A* and a U because that followed their historic measurement. They hadn't predicted either though, so one lad was moved up to A* from an A because he was ranked highest and another got a U from a C because he was lowest

This is a slight problem for them I guess. Grades are normally assigned retrospectively depending on student performance in the exam. So 80% might have been an A the year before but if in the following year loads of people get over 80% then the grade boundary is raised. However they don’t have an exam to base it on...

Now the issue is a lot of schools are rubbish at predicted grades and just predict people an A even though they most likely won’t get it and other schools are actually quite accurate. That is I assume why they have used school historical performance in the algorithm. But that just tars everyone with the same brush.

The stats historically probably says 20% A, 20% B, etc. So they probably have results in line with that this year, just unfortunately some of the people are in the wrong categories, and even the people in the right category will still feel wronged by it.

They have to revert to teacher assessments given the chaos that the algorithem has created.

If that means that for this year there is grade inflation then so what - just discount this year for comparative purposes in future years when exams have been sat. If an individual has been overgraded by a sympathetic teacher then they will get found out in the next stage of their education or work, but at least they will have had the chance to prove themselves.

Which generally speaking would be fine. But what about if a medical school has 300 places yet have offered 600 positions due to their historical data saying 25% fall short and 25% have multiple offers. They would be massively oversubscribed in lecture theatres, labs, clinical environments etc.

I have no idea what my predicted grades were. It wouldn't have been A/A/A/B though which is what I did get. Mostly as (this will shock you all) I used to piss teachers off by arguing all the time.

They lost our French exams so I was given a C.

Considering most my replies were "bof" in my oral exam and I copied the written exam off my mate who got far worse grades than me overall (I got 2nd best in our school / our school had 2 A*'s in total :icon_lol:), I surprisingly didn't take up to challenge it!

Well today has not been a waste, I know what a gallic shrug is now!

Incidentally our fat fuck of a PM is "on holiday" while all this is going on. Can't cancel that, no.

Floods - Holiday
Pandemic - Take 3 hour power naps instead of attending vital meetings
A-Level Fuck up - Holiday
Bad News - Hide in a Fridge

You can bet he will be on holiday when we crash out of the EU on December 31st as well

Times reporting the U Turn has been made and teachers predicted grades it is.

Well isn't it nice of them to finally admit that teachers should have a vague idea of how their students should fare?

The Tories are an absolute fucking disgrace. The way they've treated teaching staff throughout this has been utterly appalling. Very much 'operation human shield' but hey - they've finally found a use for them!

Yet still people want to vote for them.

Thankfully I've been away from the office for most of the pandemic so haven't had to listen to any political talk but just today the lady I work with said she thought they'd done a good job (solely down to the furlough scheme and Eat Out to Help Out and of course Brexit I presume). The only politician I've heard her criticise is Starmer for being too negative FFS.

Fuck this country.

Remember the days when Ministers made huge errors or fuck ups and were asked to resign?

Remember the days when Ministers made huge errors or fuck ups and were asked to resign?
Didn't even front up himself got someone from ofqual to do it and the just released a statement.

This isn't the perfect solution and comes with a new set of issues, but it's the best and most human one. It could have been decided months ago without the upset and still has an impact on many who will have to choose whether to wait a year to go to their first choice or go to their reserve University

Last edited:
Gav needs to be forced out over this. Of course the Boris government could literally do anything and it will never be a resignation issue as they are all only there to be stupid sycophants to saint Dominic of Barnard Castle.

Back