• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boris at it again and the contest to replace the lying c***

So then what is your point about “look at the dates”

I thought it was being put forward as happening now, I hadn't seen it before, I noticed the dates, that was all, It was by no means meant to defend the action by any stretch of the imagination

He told BBC Breakfast: “The reality is people speak about speeches in the Westminster village, the gossip and all the rest of it."

They seem to comforting themselves with the notion that no one really pays any attention, not the best strategy really. They are in for a great reckoning when the country finally wakes up to how catastrophically shit they are. It's coming, no party can win elections forever, the rot sets in eventually and things fall apart.

I think the wheels are falling off now, you can only sacrifice the leader so many times before the brand becomes toxic. I think Johnson was probably the only one who could have won the last election, and that was down to Brexit. It's only going to get worse for them too once the true cost of Covid hits home, accompanied by relentless stories about how they made their mates rich.

Labour still haven't recovered from the global financial crisis in 2008, they didn't create it but were in power whilst it unfolded so took the blame for the consequences. The public won't care that the pandemic wasn't the fault of the Govt, they'll see their taxes and bills going up and blame whoever is in power at the time. The last few weeks I've gotten alot more optimistic that were are finally in the end times of these cunts.
I can't help feel the wish is father of the thought here. Johnsons MO has always been that the people don't really care about stuff the media report, it'll wash over. The reality is, if enough cabinet ministers come out with the "everythings good" line, people believe it.

Most front bench conservatives would have defeated a corbyn led labour.

a lot of people will give the tories some leeway because of covid. if they don't, they'll effectively be accepting they made the wrong call last time round.

I can't help feel the wish is father of the thought here. Johnsons MO has always been that the people don't really care about stuff the media report, it'll wash over. The reality is, if enough cabinet ministers come out with the "everythings good" line, people believe it.

Most front bench conservatives would have defeated a corbyn led labour.

a lot of people will give the tories some leeway because of covid. if they don't, they'll effectively be accepting they made the wrong call last time round
I don't agree with you on this at all to be honest.

To a certain degree ministers coming out and saying everything's good works, but it can get to a point where people see it as defending the indefensible.

Public opinion changes over time, it's remarkable how people have selective memories when remembering their own opinions.

You'd be hard pressed to find people who say they supported the Iraq war at the time, but the majority did. That's absolutely destroyed Blair's image and to a large extent the Labour party.

It seems people think that the Tories are going to keep winning elections forever, they won't. If they don't lose the next one (I think they will), they'll lose the one after that. When the extent of damage that's been done becomes clear, the assesment will be brutal. It will happen, it's just a question of when.

Attachments

• remiraq.png
    remiraq.png
    28.1 KB · Views: 3
I see this section is infected with the left

You still don't get it do you?

You are unelectable and will be for decades

Pfft, I've read every one of David's posts. They're excellent reading, I particularly love him telling us all he lives on the same estate as the players.

It is indeed profound input.
I take it back, the post above is possibly one of the most insightful i've seen on here.

Back