• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

at this point I have too agree last season I felt sorry for lage as he wasn’t backed but the amount of talent we have bought in granted it doesn’t happen over night but we draw to a team that’s just been promoted and conceded already over 10 goals imo we should be beating teams like this and putting points on the board first half good possession diabolical in the final third absolutely clueless second half for me I do not believe this manager will take us any further I mean doesn’t make subs till late on which leaves them little time too have any impact on the game something needs too be done because at this rate come January some of our most influential players ie neves is gonna want out

Interesting that he didn't bring Hwang on. Deadline day move confirmed?
Every cloud...

No interplay, no movement, just get it wide, cross it and hope for the best. It's dreadful, sub-McCarthy, and a complete indictment that this is apparently the best he can do. He's out of excuses, he apparently wants until November, we will be cut long adrift by that point. I cannot imagine after spending this much they will let it go that far, they can't, they'll be putting it all at risk.

If we're going to persist with this RAN has to play, he has been fragile defensively to start the season but he's the only FB we've got who has any kind of attacking threat at all. Semedo is bordering on Traore-esque with his complete refusal to run in behind or even go anywhere near the byline (barring 1 cross in the 1st half) and Jonny is just not the player he was, unfortunately.

Taking Nunes off when he was at least showing some movement and energy instead of Moutinho was just bizarre. I might be imagining it but I think Mou might have lost a step, he was neat and tidy but slow...very slow. I think we have to consider the option that he shouldn't be starting anymore.

Bitterly disappointing to see Raul like this after how hard he has worked to come back but it's just not there anymore unfortunately. I think he knows it as well which probably explains some of the petulant behaviour he keeps exhibiting.

Agree Bruno ain’t no where near good enough but The players who have played through the 343 system are so anti risk they are part of the problem. Gotta be a new manager but I don’t think they’ll sack him yet a while. So looking forward to his interview now all heavy objects removed from close vicinity. Only just bought me big tele dont want to smash it.

Jimenez total waste of a shirt. Would sooner see Hwang up front. Serious mistake letting Silva go out on loan.
‘Serious mistake letting Silva go out on loan’. I would totally agree with that. Hwang might have set up a chance for Bournemouth though. :)

The only thing that will make a significant difference to our attacking play is stop the horseshoe of doom. Slow, slow, slower, slow, ball into box blocked. And repeat.

I have been on this thread for 4 weeks , I said it the first week and its been the same since , we are devoid of ideas ! We want to get it out to the wing so that we can hold it it cut it back cut it back again cut it again and then put a cross in .
How about we cross the ball before the defense is set .
Don't like to blame refs and I like the fact that every foul is not given but when you are pulled down by the neck is it not a free kick or penalty .
If we don't win the next game then Lage will be gone before we get the big boys .
I am prayer but I am not even sure anyone can help us at the moment ........

Good players but a deeply frustrating, underperforming team.
It will continue as long as the clown is in charge.
I’ve not bothered to see the post match interview as I couldn’t care less what garbled nonsense the clown comes out with.
How much longer is the only question?

Massive game on Saturday. If he lasts that long.
Problem now is I have no confidence we can win Saturday, Southampton beat Chelsea yesterday and we csnt score a goal. Plus even if we did we are likely to be sitting on 6 points from 7 games which is still absolute shit with the squad we've got. His position is untenable for me.

I'm there on Saturday for Southampton so it'll be interesting to see the home reaction if we play exactly the same as tonight and can't score.

That will be the big litmus test for Jeff and Co to see. Once the fans turn in the ground he's on borrowed time.

Also, if he goes now (or after the game on Saturday) - who takes over until a replacement is found? All the coaches are his.

...Sellars??

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
Bruno: “We created a lot of chances. We controlled the game”.

Just fuck off.

Fair play to the BT sport interviewer for probing him further on us not scoring. Absolute waffle from Bruno in return.

Also, if he goes now (or after the game on Saturday) - who takes over until a replacement is found? All the coaches are his.

...Sellars??
The u21 guy would be my shout. We had a midfielder score twice from inside the box in the u21s last game

I'm there on Saturday for Southampton so it'll be interesting to see the home reaction if we play exactly the same as tonight and can't score.

That will be the big litmus test for Jeff and Co to see. Once the fans turn in the ground he's on borrowed time.
I’ve yet to hear any grumbles from the South Bank. But if someone puts one to a catchy chant I’m sure they’ll start very quickly.

Back