• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Another nail in Bruno`s coffin, don`t know how many more Jeff needs. Not convinced he`ll go, regardless of the result on Saturday.
Raul has secured his place on the bench on Saturday. Hard to pick a man of the match out of that performance.
The centre halves, take your pick

It isn't just the manager you would get rid of. It's the whole backroom team. They aren't going to do that yet. Yes, we can criticise the manager but the players have to take some responsibility in some of this. Particularly the forward line. Defence and midfield did their jobs tonight.

Wow people still searching for reasons why Bruno should be given more time.
First 45 minutes was typically us neat, tidy but slow, predictable and zero tempo an absolute waste of time.
But 12 without a win the league now. Even if you think it’s a case of not being backed etc or needs time with new players it doesn’t give him a free pass to be incapable of winning at least 1 of those games.
To sum up our start this season we’ve played Leeds, Fulham, Spurs, Newcastle, Bournemouth.
3 points from that
Minimum we should have aimed for is 8.
GF 2 GA 4
It’s a borderline disastrous start to the season. By the time we hit 10 games we’ll probably be on about 6 points if we’re lucky.
Basically we’re wasting games whilst Bruno is in charge and the longer he stays the closer we’ll get to relegation if he was given all this season im convinced we’ll go down.
From before the season started par would be 8 I think, so we are minus 5.
Win the 2 home games, draw at Bournemouth and Leeds, lose at Spurs

Wow people still searching for reasons why Bruno should be given more time.
First 45 minutes was typically us neat, tidy but slow, predictable and zero tempo an absolute waste of time.
But 12 without a win the league now. Even if you think it’s a case of not being backed etc or needs time with new players it doesn’t give him a free pass to be incapable of winning at least 1 of those games.
To sum up our start this season we’ve played Leeds, Fulham, Spurs, Newcastle, Bournemouth.
3 points from that
Minimum we should have aimed for is 8.
GF 2 GA 4
It’s a borderline disastrous start to the season. By the time we hit 10 games we’ll probably be on about 6 points if we’re lucky.
Basically we’re wasting games whilst Bruno is in charge and the longer he stays the closer we’ll get to relegation if he was given all this season im convinced we’ll go down.

I’m not defending him mate, I’m pretty much at the end of my tether with him now. As said, more interested in seeing Sasa play to see if the forward problems are a Raul thing or a tactics thing.

But can’t that prick Lage see, it’s not even the goals?

We created fuck all. Our build up play is too slow, too predictable and our shape is all wrong.

Their shit, novice keeper made a grand total of fucking zero saves.

Pele would not score goals in this team.

It isn't just the manager you would get rid of. It's the whole backroom team. They aren't going to do that yet. Yes, we can criticise the manager but the players have to take some responsibility in some of this. Particularly the forward line. Defence and midfield did their jobs tonight.
Genuine question, do you think the players go out and just make it up as they go along?

Yes Sasa is the “missing piece of the jigsaw”. Just listen to what you are saying. One player isn’t making the whole team do nonsensical stuff.

Genuine question, do you think the players go out and just make it up as they go along?
In fairness it actually looks like it. To me it looks like they are frightened to make a mistake so they play it safe for the majority.

Yes Sasa is the “missing piece of the jigsaw”. Just listen to what you are saying. One player isn’t making the whole team do nonsensical stuff.

I don’t think I’ve called him the missing piece once. I’m just interested to see him play to see if Raul’s play is down to tactics being dictated or a striker that is completely devoid of confidence.

In fairness it actually looks like it. To me it looks like they are frightened to make a mistake so they play it safe for the majority.
Really?

You think Lage has no bearing on what the players are doing?

I bet if you put Klopp or Pep in charge they'd be playing a lot differently.

Who picks them?
Who trains them?
Who sets up the game tactics?
Who has 1/4 billion pounds worth of talent on the pitch, but we don't score goals?

IN MY OPINION your desire to defend Lage is at the stage that I don't think you even really believe

Even if we win Saturday which is doubtful it only puts on 6 points from 6 with Liverpool, City, Chelsea and West Ham afterwards. 3 of which are away if we pick 1 point from that I’d be amazed.
Very real possibility we won’t be just in the bottom 3 we’ll be cut adrift. Once you’re at that stage it’s a nightmare to get out off.
You don’t do it with slow predictable tip tap stuff in a horseshoe around the box.

Back