• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Really?

You think Lage has no bearing on what the players are doing?

I bet if you put Klopp or Pep in charge they'd be playing a lot differently.
I didn't say that at all. Obviously some patterns of play are being coached, but i bet he's not coaching that pass back to the CB or keeper when it should be going forward. That's in the players heads.

I didn't say that at all. Obviously some patterns of play are being coached, but i bet he's not coaching that pass back to the CB or keeper when it should be going forward. That's in the players heads.

He's coaching the lack of movement which means there's nothing on

I don’t think I’ve called him the missing piece once. I’m just interested to see him play to see if Raul’s play is down to tactics being dictated or a striker that is completely devoid of confidence.
You haven’t used those words but that is what your saying. Expecting someone who isn’t Raul to make this team functional. He’s not exactly putting in 1/10s

It's mad really, almost unfathomable.
Kilman monstered the defence and looked imperious, the defensive unit looked good, in fact we looked pretty good all over.
for the second game on the run we looked attractive going forward, very nearly exciting, but...
We just stop when we're level with their penalty area. just run out of momentum. Pass it back and sideways until all forward momentum has been lost, the defence has filled up the spaces, then, THEN, we'll beat the defender only, time after time, we'll accurately place the ball, like lobbing the ball with a sand wedge into a crowd of defenders.
If I were a neutral I'd have thought that was quite an exciting game to watch.
But I'm not neutral, and I'm not hysterical either.
it's like watching Adama, quite exciting, but we know now not to expect anything at the end.
We play exciting football, but teams are getting to understand that there's going to be not much happening at the end, around the box.
For the neutral it would be laughable.
For the committed, it's dispiriting and really frustrating.
Enter stage left.... Sasa.

No passion, no cohesiveness. no urgency and no goals. I think even Bruno knows the game is up. We were totally inept at finishing with not a single shot on target. It just seems like the heart and soul is missing.

Who picks them?
Who trains them?
Who sets up the game tactics?
Who has 1/4 billion pounds worth of talent on the pitch, but we don't score goals?

IN MY OPINION your desire to defend Lage is at the stage that I don't think you even really believe
We didn't score goals before the 1/4 billion quids worth of talent came in. What was the excuse for that? Again i'm not defending the manager, but you can't blame him for players taking the wrong decisions in the match. They are not robots, they can think for themselves.

You haven’t used those words but that is what your saying. Expecting someone who isn’t Raul to make this team functional. He’s not exactly putting in 1/10s
There's a very good chance that someone who isn't Raul would have given us an additional 2 points this evening though :unsure:

We didn't score goals before the 1/4 billion quids worth of talent came in. What was the excuse for that? Again i'm not defending the manager, but you can't blame him for players taking the wrong decisions in the match. They are not robots, they can think for themselves.
As a one off I would agree.
What about the one before that, or that or that etc etc?
At the end of the day, that's his job. We don't have an attacking strategy because the manager doesn't give us one

I just think this team have been devoid of an attacking outlet because we had an 18 year old with no back-up and battered his confidence, then brought back our star striker with no suitable back-up and have now battered his confidence.

I don’t think Sasa will fix it at all. I’m just interested to see how he plays and if that has a bit of a rejuvenation. I still think Lage is done.

I don’t think Sasa will fix it at all. I’m just interested to see how he plays and if that has a bit of a rejuvenation. I still think Lage is done.
I think tonight was the point of no return. Even if things turn around and we somehow fluke some wins against the big boys, I still think he'll leave during the World Cup.

even passing across the back line its with the receiver facing his own goal and so the ball goes further back. Why cant we pass a ball 2/3 yards ahead for the receiver to run onto and go forward ???
Traore got the ball a couple of times with only 1 defender with him but he stands still and waits for the 2nd defender to come back.

I just think this team have been devoid of an attacking outlet because we had an 18 year old with no back-up and battered his confidence, then brought back our star striker with no suitable back-up and have now battered his confidence.

We have outlets we just have no tactics or just bad ones. There are tons of teams over the years with worse forwards/players than us who still manage to score goals.

You mention we “only had 18 year old Fabio”. We still were of a threat when we are now!

As Del says it's those patterns that are not creating options.

And I would bet he is saying to pass sideways and backwards as it 'changes the picture'*.

*A phrase I really hate that coaches use.

He should be sacked but he won’t I wanted a change in May as it was blatantly obvious that he was very limited tactically and completely unable to change games positively. We were a disorganised rabble at times and remained awful to watch. In 43 league games pick out games where we’ve played well for 90 minutes?
West Ham (h) Man Utd (a) Watford (h) maybe Villa. (H) after that I’m struggling.

even passing across the back line its with the receiver facing his own goal and so the ball goes further back. Why cant we pass a ball 2/3 yards ahead for the receiver to run onto and go forward ???
Traore got the ball a couple of times with only 1 defender with him but he stands still and waits for the 2nd defender to come back.
You have a point but the fact remains that Traore delivered 2 pretty good crosses in the short time he was on the pitch.

As Del says it's those patterns that are not creating options.

And I would bet he is saying to pass sideways and backwards as it 'changes the picture'*.

*A phrase I really hate that coaches use.
Maybe he is. I'm not a coach so i wouldn't know. I'm just going by what i see with my eyes. And the eyes say you have to put some blame on the players on the pitch who kick the ball. They get paid a hell of a lot of money to take decisions as does the manager. It isn't just one person imo.
To be honest for me personally life is too short to be ranting about a football game, particularly as i cannot affect firstly the outcome, or whether the manager is sacked or not. So i'll just sit and see how it pans out.

You have a point but the fact remains that Traore delivered 2 pretty good crosses in the short time he was on the pitch.

They have a pitiful success rate in general. Even worse when he's the one crossing it.

Back