• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

So your verdict is what, exactly?

Because it seems to amount to "that wasn't very good but I know people who died before their time and that is more important so whatever happens happens".

I don't think that needs to be repeated over and over.

If it's all the same, against my better judgement I just chucked another £600 to watch my team play this season and we're fucking atrocious, the manager is a complete cunt, and I'm livid about the situation. If you want to counter the house motion of "Bruno Lage is a dreadful manager who is dragging us into an unnecessary relegation battle" then feel free, but try making some actual points.

I found my grandmother dead on 1 January 2017. I didn't think a month later that it was ok that Paul Lambert had us playing like a bad Sunday League team because hey, at least I didn't find a loved family member dead today. What trite drivel.
Page 2. "I don't think we've ever been able to score against a 10 man defence. We just don't move it quick enough in the final third. 2 or 3 touches from everyone. The longer they don't score and win the worse it will get." You missed that.

The rest of my posts were responses to people replying to mine.

So basically what you are saying is i have to have your opinion and post in the same way you do? It seems that way.
And there is no relevance to anything i write in relation to what you have spent. None.
If you find my posts irrelevant to you then just glide past and ignore them.

Where did I say that?

I asked you to stop patronising people - who largely pay good money to watch Wolves, which correct if I'm wrong, you don't? - by patting them on the head and saying that worse things happen at sea, because what the fuck does that contribute to anything.

Although thank you for your inspired thoughts of "we can't score", I hadn't spotted that over the last 43 games under a manager who mere hours ago you were backing to the hilt.

So, you've spent the last 6 months giving it La(r)ge. Now you know you were wrong all along so are defaulting to football isn't that important, I have better things in my life. Come on, admit you were wrong, it'll be liberating. I've been wrong about countless things on here, you have to own it when you are,.don't be weak and hide.
Fuck man, you must have very little to do in life if you are looking at posts i made. Football isn't that important. You might think it is, but it isn't. If you don't like me thinking that way then tough shit!

Where did I say that?

I asked you to stop patronising people by patting them on the head and saying that worse things happen at sea, because what the fuck does that contribute to anything.

Although thank you for your inspired thoughts of "we can't score", I hadn't spotted that over the last 43 games under a manager who mere hours ago you were backing to the hilt.
Dude, just jog on eh. I can see you are stressed out. Don't take it out on me. Kick the cat or something.

Fuck man, you must have very little to do in life if you are looking at posts i made. Football isn't that important. You might think it is, but it isn't. If you don't like me thinking that way then tough shit!
Great comeback, I feel properly owned

Well, I made the decision tonight not to go round my lads to watch the game tonight, went for my usual Wednesday night beer with the lads.
Seems I made the right decision.
From posts on here and msgs from my boys it's seems pretty grim, time for Lage to go, we knew that a few months ago
Obviously I can't comment on the game, I understand people are frustrated, but some of the vitriol aimed at some of the players, in particular Raul and Jonny sickens me (not necessarily on here). Nothing wrong with criticising a player but jeez some of the comments I've seen regarding outstanding players of recent times is outrageous.

Raul was very poor, thing is he often had rubbish games pre-injury and this gets forgotten. He was never an absolute colossus who was superb all the time. Some outright rancid displays and others where he was crap for 80 minutes, scored, did nothing after that and it's "Raul was great".

Jonny was alright, Bournemouth hardly attacked us, he didn't do much going forward but I don't think he's ever going to do that. If he happens to pop up in or near the box he might contribute but he isn't going to be Andoni Robertson any time soon playing as a LB.

Essentially everyone looks worse than they should because the manager doesn't manage and I strongly suspect most of them don't respect him (which is fine, I don't either, why would I).

Raul was very poor, thing is he often had rubbish games pre-injury and this gets forgotten. He was never an absolute colossus who was superb all the time. Some outright rancid displays and others where he was crap for 80 minutes, scored, did nothing after that and it's "Raul was great".

Jonny was alright, Bournemouth hardly attacked us, he didn't do much going forward but I don't think he's ever going to do that. If he happens to pop up in or near the box he might contribute but he isn't going to be Andoni Robertson any time soon playing as a LB.

Essentially everyone looks worse than they should because the manager doesn't manage and I strongly suspect most of them don't respect him (which is fine, I don't either, why would I).
As I said, nothing wrong with criticising players but some of the stuff I've read makes me ashamed to be a Wolves fan.

Nearly back home after whatever that was. The set up until Podence and Traore came on was baffling. Nunes in a role where he’s too far forward, rather than letting him and Neves dictate with someone creative in front. The left hand side may as well not have been on and the less said about Raul the better.

Up to the last 10 games of last season it looked like Bruno could set us up in some games to perform but that just isn’t happening now and for that he has to go sooner rather than later i would imagine with a loss on Saturday surely making it a formality.

Fans definitely turning too after tonight, singing Bruno make a sub, telling the players to fuck off when they came over to clap at the end. It’s not often that turns around.

The only positive is if we do find a decent manager we won’t have to go to Bournemouth next season as there’s no way they are staying up.

Saw extended highlights but that doesn't look like a team that requires our patience and is ' just waiting to click '. Not much else Lage can say though really. I was hoping for a mid-table finish this season and maybe a cup run but I'll be delighted if they finish fourth from bottom. Three players who cost close to £120 million - one is on loan and the other two look like they need a couple of weeks over the Brecon beacons .. We don't need to go back to basics or press panic buttons we just need the right man in the job who'll give them some mentorship and a spark. The whole thing can turn very quickly in a much more positive direction.

Saw extended highlights but that doesn't look like a team that requires our patience and is ' just waiting to click '. Not much else Lage can say though really. I was hoping for a mid-table finish this season and maybe a cup run but I'll be delighted if they finish fourth from bottom. Three players who cost close to £120 million - one is on loan and the other two look like they need a couple of weeks over the Brecon beacons .. We don't need to go back to basics or press panic buttons we just need the right man in the job who'll give them some mentorship and a spark. The whole thing can turn very quickly in a much more positive direction.
A semi decent manager will get a tune out of these players.

Well, they should. If they can’t then we have got the squad incredibly wrong

Absolutely clueless - the players don’t know what they are supposed to be doing - just like the manager. I was worried when Lage first arrived - no pedigree or track record - sadly it’s all coming home to roost.

We were lucky last year - a good run saved us. The last 8 games were relegation form and the first 4 this year against ‘expected to win against’ sides have been awful.

Fosun have to make a change - just don’t go for another second rate Portuguese manager.

We are sleepwalking our way into deep shit with Bruno in charge and I don't think he has a clue how to get us out of it. This run of form is absolutely diabolical and 2 goals from 5 games is pathetic, especially with the tools at his disposal. I really don't see where a win is coming from and its deeply worrying.

Spurs and Newcastle demonstrated last season what a difference having the right man in charge makes. So far we look like this season's Newcastle and keeping him in post delays the inevitable whilst deepening the shit we are in.

Nearly back home after whatever that was.

Fans definitely turning too after tonight, singing Bruno make a sub, telling the players to fuck off when they came over to clap at the end. It’s not often that turns around.
Fair play for making the trip. It’s not often I don’t go, but it’d have meant at least a day and a half off work and cost me a sizeable amount.

Wondering how long until we revert back to “Jack Hayward’s Barmy Army” and we’ll need a new verse for the Neves chant?

Th
This is very true, remember when we first came up he was getting some flak early doors for not scoring, Everton aside.

I could see how important he was in the Nuno shape in those early games though as he was largley playing well and contributing to the attacks, of course as time went on he scored more goals and started getting some positive attention. He did have bad games and as you said he would often pop up with a goal which would cover a bad performance.

I haven't seen us this season yet so cant really comment past last where I felt his role, or how he was playing was not as pivatol to our attacking play, in fact I couldn't tell you how we
played apart from slowing it down and mess
around with it until we loose any numerical
advantage.

We have never bee prolific in front of goal but we have always had an 'edge' where you expect us to be dangerous, we seem to have blunted this so much that we offer no threat whatsoever.

Back