• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Bournemouth 0-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

As Del says it's those patterns that are not creating options.

And I would bet he is saying to pass sideways and backwards as it 'changes the picture'*.

*A phrase I really hate that coaches use.
🤣

Maybe he is. I'm not a coach so i wouldn't know. I'm just going by what i see with my eyes. And the eyes say you have to put some blame on the players on the pitch who kick the ball. They get paid a hell of a lot of money to take decisions as does the manager. It isn't just one person imo.
To be honest for me personally life is too short to be ranting about a football game, particularly as i cannot affect firstly the outcome, or whether the manager is sacked or not. So i'll just sit and see how it pans out.
But there are those that pay to watch and those of us that do have a vested interest in what happens on the pitch

There is no way that same set of players falls to score a goal under any of the Sky 6 managers.

Even that prick Marsch would get this team free scoring.

The manager puts out his tactics and the players carry out those tactics. You can see he's knocking the direct running out of Guedes in such a short space of time

As a coach he's a cancer on this club. He needs cutting out along with his staff and the stats pricks.

But there are those that pay to watch and those of us that do have a vested interest in what happens on the pitch

There is no way that same set of players falls to score a goal under any of the Sky 6 managers.

Even that prick Marsch would get this team free scoring.

The manager puts out his tactics and the players carry out those tactics. You can see he's knocking the direct running out of Guedes in such a short space of time

As a coach he's a cancer on this club. He needs cutting out along with his staff and the stats pricks.
It's fine, it's what you believe. But even if you pay to watch and have that vested interest there is nothing you can do to influence the board into sacking the manager. Apart from maybe booing loudly at the game when Jeff Shi is there. And that is why i'll just sit and watch what happens without losing any sleep over it. It's just not worth it, as i said life is just too short to be any other way. For me anyway.

It's fine, it's what you believe. But even if you pay to watch and have that vested interest there is nothing you can do to influence the board into sacking the manager. Apart from maybe booing loudly at the game when Jeff Shi is there. And that is why i'll just sit and watch what happens without losing any sleep over it. It's just not worth it, as i said life is just too short to be any other way. For me anyway.
Then why post on a forum?

Then why post on a forum?
People can post without losing their shit. You are welcome to post what you like, but i'm just not going to overreact about losing a game. It's absolutely pointless as it gets you nowhere.

People can post without losing their shit. You are welcome to post what you like, but i'm just not going to overreact about losing a game. It's absolutely pointless as it gets you nowhere.
Interesting that you think people are overreacting.

Absolutely seething with this joke of a manager who pound for pound, is worse than anyone I've seen bar Saunders. Worse than Hoddle, worse than McGhee, worse than Solbakken. About level with Zenga for being a complete joke appointed approximately 65 levels above his station. He's a bibs and cones idiot who sees fit to just lie after the game and pretend we had loads of chances, I suppose this is a step up from just blaming the players which is what he normally does. 3 wins in 19 games.

I've defended Raul but he was dreadful tonight. Guedes no better and doesn't look a good signing at all. No tactics, as per. We have literally no plan when we attack. Had Bournemouth scored then we'd have lost, 100%. A full back for a full back at 0-0, I thought Kenny Jackett left years ago? No attacking changes until about 73 minutes despite us creating nothing.

This is like buying a Chateaubriand then getting Ria out of Butterflies to cook it on a knackered George Foreman grill. It will look and taste like complete shite.

I despise him. Fuck off out of our club and take your Carl Hoddle brother with you.

Interesting that you think people are overreacting.
Stop putting words in my mouth. I said I wouldn't overreact. I said nothing about anyone else. I'm not sure you understand. Life really is too short. Believe me i know this having lost friends way too early.
All you do is have a rant and be pissed off, then wake up next day and the situation is the same because you can do fuck all about it. Best to just accept it and move on. Like i said you are welcome to react in any way you feel fit.

Stop putting words in my mouth. I said I wouldn't overreact. I said nothing about anyone else. I'm not sure you understand. Life really is too short. Believe me i know this having lost friends way too early.
All you do is have a rant and be pissed off, then wake up next day and the situation is the same because you can do fuck all about it. Best to just accept it and move on. Like i said you are welcome to react in any way you feel fit.

So everyone should forget about all our form under Lage and the shit performances, and just move on and let him keep doing what he does? What a bizarre take

So everyone should forget about all our form under Lage and the shit performances, and just move on and let him keep doing what he does? What a bizarre take
You're having a laugh ain't ya. I said me quite clearly. You can say what you like just like i pointed out very clearly in all the posts i wrote tonight.

Im hopping mad at what’s happening to the club I love. It’s so, so, so obvious, therefore I’m shocked that there are people blasé about it (I suspect they’re not really, they just can’t say ‘sorry, got it wrong, he really is terrible’). What a disastrous Exec decision to let this guy handle pre-season - that’s an utter disgrace. I’m sympathetic to Bruno in that he can’t sack himself. Where the fck are our allegedly ruthless Board?? An utter shambles. Players I’ve really admired being mismanaged to apathy. Team spirit and goodwill being trashed. FFS. And people dare to blame some of it on a Nuno hangover as if he didn’t basically deliver and embody the opposite of this abomination. The fckin nerve!

Now back to the general light-heartedness so I don’t let it consume me…

So you don't care, fine.

The rest of us do so maybe let us get on with it without you punctuating it with "ah well, what will be will be" every time someone correctly says that we are shit and we really shouldn't be.
Didn't say that either. I just said that i wouldn't lose my shit over it, because it's just not worth doing it. But it seems just because i don't want to react like you who wants to hang, draw and quarter the whole staff at the club there's something wrong.
There isn't. You are welcome to think that way, as much as i am welcome to think the way i do. Not sure how you can't grasp that, or anyone else can't.
Do you have to be negative to post on here? It's a verdict thread i thought. It seems like it's a verdict that has the black hat on.

So your verdict is what, exactly?

Because it seems to amount to "that wasn't very good but I know people who died before their time and that is more important so whatever happens happens".

I don't think that needs to be repeated over and over.

If it's all the same, against my better judgement I just chucked another £600 to watch my team play this season and we're fucking atrocious, the manager is a complete cunt, and I'm livid about the situation. If you want to counter the house motion of "Bruno Lage is a dreadful manager who is dragging us into an unnecessary relegation battle" then feel free, but try making some actual points.

I found my grandmother dead on 1 January 2017. I didn't think a month later that it was ok that Paul Lambert had us playing like a bad Sunday League team because hey, at least I didn't find a loved family member dead today. What trite drivel.

This is coaching. The lack of overlaps, the lack of tempo, the lack of getting players into the box. Neves so deep he is in the back 3, but then no depth of movement or thought from the rest in front of him. The full backs when they do push on have no off the ball player moving for a one two, or to move the ball.

It may be a different shape but it's still not attacking, it's stagnate.

This is coaching. The lack of overlaps, the lack of tempo, the lack of getting players into the box. Neves so deep he is in the back 3, but then no depth of movement or thought from the rest in front of him. The full backs when they do push on have no off the ball player moving for a one two, or to move the ball.
There genuinely are no tactics at all. It's like Kevin Toms' Football Manager on the ZX Spectrum. Buy some good players, pick the team. Sit back and see whether you win or not, no other input at all. He genuinely does nothing.

Look at the first five minutes of the second half. What the fuck does he say to them?! How are we ALWAYS worse?

Didn't say that either. I just said that i wouldn't lose my shit over it, because it's just not worth doing it. But it seems just because i don't want to react like you who wants to hang, draw and quarter the whole staff at the club there's something wrong.
There isn't. You are welcome to think that way, as much as i am welcome to think the way i do. Not sure how you can't grasp that, or anyone else can't.
Do you have to be negative to post on here? It's a verdict thread i thought. It seems like it's a verdict that has the black hat on.
So, you've spent the last 6 months giving it La(r)ge. Now you know you were wrong all along so are defaulting to football isn't that important, I have better things in my life. Come on, admit you were wrong, it'll be liberating. I've been wrong about countless things on here, you have to own it when you are,.don't be weak and hide.

@redvictor ! Don’t think anyone knows what your saying tbh. Seem to be missing the point of a forum too IMO…

Back