• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boxing thread

Agreed. It was never going to be competitive, Eubank would have knocked him out at a canter.

I'm of the view that most of the top fighters are juicing, only the stupid ones get caught. The cheats are always miles ahead of the testing agencies. So me neither.
See Fury and his "boar meat".

Eubank Jr vs Benn Jr would have been entirely worthless.

See Fury and his "boar meat".

Eubank Jr vs Benn Jr would have been entirely worthless.

The best one was Kid Galahad claiming his brother spiked him for a laugh. This was actually his defence at the hearing.

It's an epidemic really, both Fury's, Whyte, Saunders, Canelo just a few of the names who have been caught.

Battle of the juicers is off.

They are all at it. Benn's own doctor on podcasts previously saying how easy it is to get around testing and that 90% of elite fighters are doping.

Attitude of boxing to doping is absolutely disgraceful, a shrug of the shoulders and a small fine/ban.
If a runner dopes yes they are cheating but they are not physically going to hurt a non doper, whilst a juiced up boxer can do serious damage to his opponent

Attitude of boxing to doping is absolutely disgraceful, a shrug of the shoulders and a small fine/ban.
If a runner dopes yes they are cheating but they are not physically going to hurt a non doper, whilst a juiced up boxer can do serious damage to his opponent

That's the worst thing about last week's episode. Promoters and the board both trying to cover up a failed test to protect a payday. They all need firing to the moon, I'd revoke their licences and sack the entire BBBoC.

That's the worst thing about last week's episode. Promoters and the board both trying to cover up a failed test to protect a payday. They all need firing to the moon, I'd revoke their licences and sack the entire BBBoC.
Yeah if it wasn't for the journalist digging fight would have gone ahead.
Makes you wonder how often in the past that big fights happened after a drugs failure.

Yeah if it wasn't for the journalist digging fight would have gone ahead.
Makes you wonder how often in the past that big fights happened after a drugs failure.

Hearns got form. Didn't even tell Rivas' team Whyte failed a test.

The system is set up for it because they only notify the person who's pissed hot, makes no sense. It should be public domain.

I've a feeling cordina has been done. Pulls out of a title defence then he's stripped the next day. Not to mention him dropping down 4 pounds and going from someone who couldn't knock the skin off a rice pudding to a dangerous one punch knockout artist. Doesn't feel right.

Best fighter you ever seen?
Aaron The Hawk Pryor for me..boxing lik a permanent panicattack.
Before crack got the better of him..he was the most complete fighter I´ve seen.
Y..The guy had no weaknesses..Sugar Ray Leonard looks like a little girl in comparsion.
Someone wants to llook at an older fight?
Chose Pryor vs Arguello 1 everytime.
The best fight of the golden boxing decade that was the 80`s.
What time is it?

Best fighter you ever seen?
Aaron The Hawk Pryor for me..boxing lik a permanent panicattack.
Before crack got the better of him..he was the most complete fighter I´ve seen.
Y..The guy had no weaknesses..Sugar Ray Leonard looks like a little girl in comparsion.
Someone wants to llook at an older fight?
Chose Pryor vs Arguello 1 everytime.
The best fight of the golden boxing decade that was the 80`s.
What time is it?

Edwin Valero is up there for me, he'd have been an all time great if he wasn't so deeply troubled.

Too young for Pryor but obviously watched both the fights with Arguello, best nickname in boxing btw. His destruction of Cervantes was phenomenal.

Brilliant performance from Josh Kelly. Had high hopes for him before Avenesyan derailed him. Honestly think that will be a small blip when his career is over, seemed in much better condition which is good as the talent was always there.

Butler going all the way to Japan to throw zero punches and survive is embarrassing for a world champion.

They both seem to be acting like utter twats. Mind you everyone knows I despise the "sport" so I am probably not the best to comment.

Probably a promoter feeding lines to someone not smart enough to know better to drum up ppv sales

Back