• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Boxing thread

Jeez, that’s utter playground stuff - what on Earth has someone’s sexuality got to do with anything - I do not know the veracity of Eubank’s claim, but cheating and hurting someone is bad whatever the orientation, the opposite is good whatever the orientation.

Eubank never really got started, caught with a massive shot and he's gone.

Yeah not sure how they can ever justify charging that amount for any fight, let alone one that isn't even for a title (between two fighters likely not good enough to win one).

Canelo’s next fight just announced in his hometown. Hasn’t fought there for over 10 years.
On paper Ryder shouldn’t be in the same ring but I think it might be closer than you think, although I still think he’ll [Canelo] win. Should at least be a tear up and that gives Ryder a chance. I think Ryder suffered a career stalling defeat unluckily against Smith and has slowly rebuilt his reputation. Be interesting to see what Canelo had taken out of him with his loss to Bivol (where he didn’t for once have the judges onside) and more recent surgery.
I guess if he has any major concerns, being in his hometown, he can get a supply of the beef he likes.

I really like listening to Steve Bunce. His passion and knowledge of boxing is unbelievable. Here he is performing another task ringside.

Dunno what it is that's on the telly in the pub right now, but people having sponsors printed on their bodies like naked football shirts is a bit odd...

Annoying that we've got 3 world title fights on at pretty much the same time tonight. Especially Conlan Vs Lopez and Lara Vs Wood which should both be superb quality.

Spoke too soon as Lopez vapourises Conlan with an uppercut.

Genuine lower weight superfight due to start shortly on sky. Worth a watch for anyone who can, Fulton looks huge but Inoue seems unstoppable.

Totally dominant. Very impressive performance.

Very one sided, thankfully I didn't fork out the £20 for it though.

Strange fight, so incredibly one sided. Smith explained the weight and ankle issues affected him and he certainly looked a poor imitation of himself from the first fight. Eubank was the polar opposite and the only criticism of him was the same as made of his father in his later career*, that he didn't finish a fight earlier that he had so clearly dominated.
*post Watson so I understand the reasons why

Just finished watching the Rikki Hatton documentary, brilliant albeit a bit sad.
I used to love watching his fights and would record them for my Dad who was a massive boxing fan.
Whoever allowed him to fight Manny Pacquiao should have been locked up though.
Felt sorry for his trainer Billy Graham (proper Manc), who was replaced by some idiot American for that fight.

Back