• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I was against him coming on but thought he did very well as a traditional 10.

Might be a good option behind Hwang

He did play well, he was miles better than Nunes has been but I'm just not sure we get value out of the position because of our lack of movement off the ball. If we are going to play Adama and focus all of our play on getting the ball wide I'd rather have 2 forwards in there to attack crosses.

It's not ideal but we need to do something to try and manufacture more goals.

Our lack of goals is pathetic and concerning in equal measure. We couldn't score in a brothel

Just appoint a fucking manager Jeff, you knob.
Breaking news: Jeff Shi appoints self as new Wolves manager. Quote - "there were no other outstanding candidates available... except for myself".

He did play well, he was miles better than Nunes has been but I'm just not sure we get value out of the position because of our lack of movement off the ball. If we are going to play Adama and focus all of our play on getting the ball wide I'd rather have 2 forwards in there to attack crosses.

It's not ideal but we need to do something to try and manufacture more goals.
Getting it wide and lobbing crosses in is Lg2 rubbish and I rather we didn't do it as we don't have the players for it on any level.

I thought Adama was woeful today. A complete passenger second half.

And I agree we certainly do need to move off the ball which is why it's so frustrating having these Lg2 lads in charge.

It's like watching early 2000 coaching drills on a live PL side.

Well it sounds like a dire game with 2 terrible teams. At least it's a point and an actual goal.
We simply have to start scamming a few wins, especially against the other shit teams.
I was was concerned when Costa came we'd be getting an over the hill has been who can shithouse a bit. I was hoping we might get the odd goal or assist but it seems he's just a pantomime villain.

Well it sounds like a dire game with 2 terrible teams. At least it's a point and an actual goal.
We simply have to start scamming a few wins, especially against the other shit teams.
I was was concerned when Costa came we'd be getting an over the hill has been who can shithouse a bit. I was hoping we might get the odd goal or assist but it seems he's just a pantomime villain.

He actually played well second half, worked his two shots on target nicely all by himself.

Ruined it by being a knobhead for no reason.

Such absolute tosh.

Not really Tony, this time last year people had already reduced Nuno's reign to that final season, he was being referred to as "the spurs manager" by at least a couple if you ever mentioned him and people were actually saying they would take regression league wise if only the football was more entertaining.

Maybe I am too emotionally pragmatic for that because Wolves losing derails my entire week, I was far more entertained when we could win and defend and am sick of losing.

Getting it wide and lobbing crosses in is Lg2 rubbish and I rather we didn't do it as we don't have the players for it on any level.

I thought Adama was woeful today. A complete passenger second half.

And I agree we certainly do need to move off the ball which is why it's so frustrating having these Lg2 lads in charge.

It's like watching early 2000 coaching drills on a live PL side.

100% agree but it's pretty much what we do isn't it. Usually because we are so risk averse with the ball in midfield the opposition has time to get set but also because only Podence seems to come short for the ball. It actually drives me insane when we take 3/4 touches every time someone receives the ball.

We all scoffed at Keiffer Moore for 7 mill a few months ago, how many would swap him for Guedes and Hwang tomorrow? That's the situation we've got ourselves into.

Not really Tony, this time last year people had already reduced Nuno's reign to that final season, he was being referred to as "the spurs manager" by at least a couple if you ever mentioned him and people were actually saying they would take regression league wise if only the football was more entertaining.

Maybe I am too emotionally pragmatic for that because Wolves losing derails my entire week, I was far more entertained when we could win and defend and am sick of losing.
I agree entirely with you on those devaluing Nuno's legacy. Those people didn't make the decision to get rid of him though and it's not why we are here. There are countless reasons why we are, but the desire for more entertaining football isn't one of them, irrespective of whatever bullshit Shi spouted when he employed Lage

Boubacar Traore was awful, can’t pass, wanders around aimlessly and doesn’t impact on the game at all. He improved to very average in the second half. Podence is our best player until he gets anywhere near goal then he magically loses any ability he has. Costa may have played his last game for Wolves, it was his best performance so far but still not very good. Traore isn’t fit, a player whose main asset is pace…doesn’t have any at the moment. Semedo has reverted to first season version. Kilman looks like he’s stepped out of the U23s. Beuno looks like he has been in the first team for years. Collins was alright and Neves still cares. Moutinho was by some distance better than Matteus who doesn’t look up for the fight.

I'd take Pulis-ball for the rest of this season if it guaranteed safety at this point.

We don't have the players for it. It's why traditional 'avoid relegation' thinking needs to go out of the window, it won't work
For sure, meant in a sort of "all else happening in a vacuum" sort of way. More trying to illustrate that "pretty" football that doesn't collect any points is damn ugly in my eyes.

I quite liked the look of the starting XI with Jonny and Moytinho dropped and thought it was a sign Davis is prepared to make tough decisions. Then he leaves Costa on for 97 minutes so maybe not.

Content but not happy with a point - win next week and it's a good point, lose and not so good. On my intermittent stream the one thing that stood out was once again we only go forwards down the wings, we're probably the most predictable team in the PL, probably in the history of the PL. I know where the next pass is going 95% of the time and so do our opponents. The lack of movement off the ball is shocking and I think that is a result of playing the horseshoe of doom for so long. Players making runs have been ignored consistently for over a year and consequently they no longer bother making the runs. If we don't vary our attacks we will definitely go down as we simply won't score enough. I live in hope but not expectation that a new manager can make quick improvements, if we don't we'll be putting Hull and Rotherham into the satnav for away games next season.

Back