• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I always thought Costa was an "intelligent shit house" and knew exactly how far to push things. Today was just brainless and with so much of the game gone really frustrating to not have kept his head for another couple of minutes.

Probably something he gets away with before var.

Given the dearth of talent we have up front I'd be considering Fraser.

I always thought Costa was an "intelligent shit house" and knew exactly how far to push things. Today was just brainless and with so much of the game gone really frustrating to not have kept his head for another couple of minutes.

Fraser is miles off

He actually played well second half, worked his two shots on target nicely all by himself.

Ruined it by being a knobhead for no reason.
Didn’t see the game today and watched the highlights and he seems fairly lively 2nd half.

Can have no complaints over the red card. Really have no idea how players think they will get away with it with all the cameras and VAR.

Reading comms seems like both teams had chances to win?

Fraser is miles off

What's the alternative, Hwang up there or Podence as a false 9? I'd rather have a proper striker up there Incase we do manage to create a chance. He's a really good finisher.

Are we likely to see Raul back before the end of the year? Or is that anybody's guess?

Yes, Mee made the most of it, riled him up beforehand, but you just can't do that. If you are going to you may as well wipe him out
Not promoting it, but as you have said, if you’re going to do that, you might as well go full wack and properly plant the nut.

Naturally, not doing it at all would’ve been the preferred option.

Shame really as only 2 more games and then got a month or so off to recover/get fitter etc. obviously he’s not chelsea Costa, however I maintain he will have his part to play in the new year

What's the alternative, Hwang up there or Podence as a false 9? I'd rather have a proper striker up there Incase we do manage to create a chance. He's a really good finisher.
Yes they are the alternatives. It's OK saying "a proper striker" but just becauae thats his preffered position doesnt automatically make him a better option. I know some of Frasers immediate family and have spoken to them about his progression, he has done well in the younger groups but he's not ready for games at this level. If it happens expect it to look similar to when we played Ashley-Seal up front.

Yes they are the alternatives. It's OK saying "a proper striker" but just becauae thats his preffered position doesnt automatically make him a better option. I know some of Frasers immediate family and have spoken to them about his progression, he has done well in the younger groups but he's not ready for games at this level. If it happens expect it to look similar to when we played Ashley-Seal up front.

Which is better than playing Podence up there.

Playing someone up there who actually understands how to play as a number 9 is better than sticking someone up there who doesn't have any idea and has none of the attributes to be successful doing so.

Not seen proper replays & seen only through beer goggles, but was Costa not head butted (albeit gently) before he retaliated?

Not excusing DC, but should both have gone?

That's on Costa, not Davis.

Yes the situation is unacceptable but you can't blame him for someone behaving like that.
Oh absolutely. Costa is 100% to blame - but he shouldn’t have been on the pitch.

I don’t think anyone can defend after one third of the season that we have been woeful, the league table doesn’t lie. Equally we can say many of the teams in the bottom half are pretty much as shyte as we are, so whilst we are in touch with mid table, however depressed I feel, I’m trying to stay a bit positive.
With the exception of Neves we only have about three or four others that have been anywhere near a 5 out of ten every game. That for me is down to no leadership, back bone, shape and fitness and amazed we’ve got to 10 points so far.
To give some balance we have absolutely no confidence and, where all other teams have had a slice at some point, Lady Luck has avoided us. Murphy has well and truly took the piss out of us so far.
It may have been DW last week in one thread who mentioned that we are 2 Sa penalty saves and a Adam brain fart from
4 points, but similar to a couple of other teams this season, Brentford were there for the taking today and we were the better side by a mile in the second half in my opinion with Sa having basically nothing to do, Bueno looking like he ain’t giving up that shirt in a while and Booba T starting to adjust to the pace of the PL, especially in the second half
Sadly, Nunes, Guedes, Costa and Semedo were / are not worth the shirt atm. and hopefully that will be the last we see of Diego, he is absolutely not what we need. Also Adama and Pod after improved performances of late, reverted to their frustrating selves
I’ll leave my thoughts with one last comment, probably needing to be on another thread, as well as spurting the obvious, a goodish manager would save us. The tools are there, we just need to use them better. The problem is we can’t wait until January, Si has to act fucking now 🤨

Try and have a good evening Wolves fans. Keep the faith 👍

It's his first red card in England.

For a Premier league club you couldn’t imagine or write this stuff…..we are the only team with our main striker seemingly gone awol, one on a season long loan, our showpiece striker now banned and we’re talking about an in experienced U23 leading our line…..🥴
Several players have to look in the mirror tonite, give themselves a smack and decide what they want, perhaps also watch a Bully compilation will help😠🤨

Back