• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The over board everything is shit on here lately is fucking ridiculous.

Blind positivity based on just wishful thinking is pointless and frankly delusional.

Apart from perhaps one poster, the 'negativity' on here is generally constructive and an attempt to work out what's happening, and what is likely to happen.

We're not in the bottom 3, sliding towards relegation with no manager, goals or plan because of negativity, it's the former that creates the latter

Some are so entrenched in their views when we play well we were shit and going down.

Yesterday we were in total control in a game for 90 minutes a superb piece of skill aside.

If we play like that in the other games coming up, we will take a few points, yes we need to make better choices around the box. Not one player had a bad game yesterday.

Again the consensus yesterday with wolves fans and Neutrals in the bar it was a good performance, and actually deserved the win.
Couldn`t watch the game yesterday (commitments) but listened to comms on WM for much of the game. I was surprised when I came on here last night and read comments on the match thread and this one. It was like two different games.

We have two games coming up (no-one cares about the League Cup). Everything else is at least nearly two months away.

You think we're taking "a few points" from Brighton (beat Chelsea 4-1 yesterday and should have been more, strolled to a 3-0 win at Molineux last time out) and Arsenal (top of the league if they beat Forest later), playing like that?

I'd give us 4/10 over the 90 minutes and Brentford 3/10, it certainly was not a good performance.
Ridiculous.

Some are so entrenched in their views when we play well we were shit and going down.

Yesterday we were in total control in a game for 90 minutes a superb piece of skill aside.

If we play like that in the other games coming up, we will take a few points, yes we need to make better choices around the box. Not one player had a bad game yesterday.

Again the consensus yesterday with wolves fans and Neutrals in the bar it was a good performance, and actually deserved the win.

How many times, a good effort v Brentford doesn’t translate to points elsewhere, no one is going over the top just stating how it really is, second bottom with 6 GS.
We’ve not put in a good performance since I can’t remember. There’s zero evidence that backs up that we’ll get out of this.

Blind positivity based on just wishful thinking is pointless and frankly delusional.

Apart from perhaps one poster, the 'negativity' on here is generally constructive and an attempt to work out what's happening, and what is likely to happen.

We're not in the bottom 3, sliding towards relegation with no manager, goals or plan because of negativity, it's the former that creates the latter
There were positives against Leicester, not defensively.

Yesterday was good, Brentford have had a great run at home, and we were in total control, there was a change, in as much as we looked a lot more Solid, in some measure impacting negatively on our attacking play, Leicester picked us off at will last week, the opportunities to do that yesterday was not there.

We had a less opportunities to create chances yesterday, but we still created some.

We are where we are because collectively we have not been good enough certainly defensively, and in scoring.

There is no blind faith the 3/10 and 4/10 given for yesterday is a joke we were a lot better than that I would have given 6 / 10

Brentford had Collins block a goal bound shot, Da Silva probably should have hit the target and with the keeper stranded it’s a goal. Toney missed a header from a few yards which I’m still not sure how he didn’t get enough on it.

We were just as close to losing it as we were to winning.

Thought you said we were getting 'a few'?

That's one.

Even if you want to include games that are weeks away then we aren't getting many out of Everton or United, then it's next year.

We were in total control? Did I read that right? I stopped there, because that's just weird

Being good for 20 minutes v Leicester then going to pieces isn’t reason to be positive.
There’s next to no positives to draw on this season to say we’ll be ok.
If anyone says defence ain’t that bad we’ve conceded 19 in 13 that’s fine if you’re at least managing more than a goal per game but we’re one of the most impotent sides ever to grace the Premier League.

Thought you said we were getting 'a few'?

That's one.

Even if you want to include games that are weeks away then we aren't getting many out of Everton or United, then it's next year.
I did not just stop at the 2 games, before the World cup I meant past the world cup as well. This whole we have 2 games to save our season is tiresome and wrong.

I read somewhere the Mexico want Raul to play in the world cup, to do this he needs to play at least one game before.

If you look at Brentford's home form, Beat Utd, and Brighton Drew with Chelsea.

There were positives against Leicester, not defensively.

Yesterday was good, Brentford have had a great run at home, and we were in total control, there was a change, in as much as we looked a lot more Solid, in some measure impacting negatively on our attacking play, Leicester picked us off at will last week, the opportunities to do that yesterday was not there.

We had a less opportunities to create chances yesterday, but we still created some.

We are where we are because collectively we have not been good enough certainly defensively, and in scoring.

There is no blind faith the 3/10 and 4/10 given for yesterday is a joke we were a lot better than that I would have given 6 / 10

Brentford were absolutely woeful. They looked like a league one side for most of the game, we didn't look much better.

Being good for 20 minutes v Leicester then going to pieces isn’t reason to be positive.
There’s next to no positives to draw on this season to say we’ll be ok.
If anyone says defence ain’t that bad we’ve conceded 19 in 13 that’s fine if you’re at least managing more than a goal per game but we’re one of the most impotent sides ever to grace the Premier League.
Defensively we were not good for 20 minutes we were shocking.

We have been a bit to reckless this season flying forward and being far too easy to be picked off.

Other teams build on a strong defensive base I want to see a bit more organisation defensively, even if we stop creating as much

Brentford were absolutely woeful. They looked like a league one side for most of the game, we didn't look much better.
Could not possibly be because of the control we exerted no?

This is a team playing really well at home drew with Chelsea lat time out.
This is the shit people are taking exception to, because they did not batter us they are League 1 standard. Fucking rubbish

On our goal what I did like, players in and around the box, lots of bodies and intent to get there. That's a positive we weren't seeing before.

As I said, there’s a time and a place to take risks. I agree we okay it far to safe in the final third and if Podence kept his risk taking to there he’d be a far more effective player.

The slow passing at the back is all about confidence which is on the floor. You never know, perhaps if we got a manager in who was up to PL standard things like this would improve.
Those issues with the ball have always existed, that's why this side has always struggled against a set defence opposed to playing on the counter.

I don't think Podence is particularly bad in terms of trying stuff in stupid areas, he's generally in more advanced areas anyway as dictated by the position he plays. I think what is really bad for the optics is that he's so badly aligned with the rest of the team. When everyone is slow, steady and cautious the one high risk guy is making his own life even harder by trying to play that way, and naturally draws more negative attention as he stands out like a sore thumb. If Podence was playing in a team with more energy and movement, say a Leeds or Brighton kind of team, then he probably gets an improved success rate. Not so much because he's any better at what he does in those teams but the way those teams and their individuals play probably does more to capitalise on his distribution than Wolves currently do.

Back