• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Not sure how we controlled the game with 41% possession but hey.

First half was as bad a match as you'll see at this level, nothing happened. Then we were *maybe* slightly the better side second half and we have a tiny bit more fight and threat than we did under Lage, big wow.

We didn't play well, xG was still well under 1 I think.

Bottom 8 it’s all much of a muchness to me. Lots of not terribly good teams this season

Not sure how we controlled the game with 41% possession but hey.

First half was as bad a match as you'll see at this level, nothing happened. Then we were *maybe* slightly the better side second half and we have a tiny bit more fight and threat than we did under Lage, big wow.

We didn't play well, xG was still well under 1 I think.
Screenshot_20221030-145017_FotMob.jpg

The over board everything is shit on here lately is fucking ridiculous.

Some are so entrenched in their views when we play well we were shit and going down.

Yesterday we were in total control in a game for 90 minutes a superb piece of skill aside.

If we play like that in the other games coming up, we will take a few points, yes we need to make better choices around the box. Not one player had a bad game yesterday.

Again the consensus yesterday with wolves fans and Neutrals in the bar it was a good performance, and actually deserved the win.
Name one game this season where we've played well. And no we weren't in total control yesterday, we were shit and Brentford were shitter, it was a fucking awful game. If we play like that in the games coming up tell us where these few points are coming from because most people can't see it, just you and your regulars by the look of it.

Bottom 8 it’s all much of a muchness to me. Lots of not terribly good teams this season

No one distinct difference between us Forest and the rest is GS column.

I don’t even mind up being rubbish, but I do stop at clueless and clueless is what the club has been top to bottom since about last February. There have been literally no redeeming features in that time.

I thought signing Guedes and nunes might qualify as good - but as it’s turned out they are probably the biggest waste of £75m in history.

Could not possibly be because of the control we exerted no?

This is a team playing really well at home drew with Chelsea lat time out.
This is the shit people are taking exception to, because they did not batter us they are League 1 standard. Fucking rubbish

Not really, we didn't really control anything. They sat off us and let us knock it about and they continually pumped the ball long to our pair of enormous centre halves.

How they played against Chelsea is irrelevant and I never said they are league one standard. I said they looked it yesterday, they were shit.

Brighton (h)
Arsenal (h) *world cup*
Everton (a)
Man Utd (h) *transfer window opens*
Villa (a)
West Ham (h)
Man City (a) * transfer window closes*
Liverpool (h)

Our next 8, I can't see a 'few points' coming from that set of games

Brighton (h)
Arsenal (h) *world cup*
Everton (a)
Villa (a)
West Ham (h)
Liverpool (h)

I'd say about 6 maximum.

"Brentford 2-0 Wolves. Yet another blank for us I reckon, Toney will definitely score" You have zero credibility for predictions 🤣🤣🤣

Until we have anyone remotely good in our forward line we're going to struggle.

A pre-injury Neto and a firing Raul would be rather handy, but I don't think we'll get either.

Shows how bad our transfers have been when there is genuinely a case for Campbell to start.

"Brentford 2-0 Wolves. Yet another blank for us I reckon, Toney will definitely score" You have zero credibility for predictions 🤣🤣🤣
🤣

Quote the Leicester prediction next 😘

Brighton (h)
Arsenal (h) *world cup*
Everton (a)
Villa (a)
West Ham (h)
Liverpool (h)

Pretty sure if we have any new signing ready to go (stop laughing) they won't be able to be registered for Villa.

Diaz seems like a no brainer to go for in January given his contract situation.

He'd probably have other Prem suitors though and I doubt he'd choose us in our situation. And that's assuming he won't just run his contract down.

Brighton (h)
Arsenal (h) *world cup*
Everton (a)
Villa (a)
West Ham (h)
Liverpool (h)

Probably about 4 points leaving us dead and buried, the only thing that might work in our favour is the upcoming break. Might hinder some of the bigger teams we face.

It sounds ridiculous given how many we have, but we really need a good winger.

Guedes could still be something but it really hurts us that we don't have a single reliable outlet in wide areas.

I feel more comfortable about things post-Brentford than pre-Brentford.

I also think fake Traore is going to be a pivotal player for us this season. Was really impressed with his fight and energy on Saturday.

Back