• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) Build-Up 23/2/16

It might be a bit harsh but that's just how I've viewed things under Jackett, I've never been wowed by the football he's produced and often in League 1 thought that opponents looked more of a team but couldn't cope with Wolves' individual quality.

Last season was a bit up and down, good start turned into something horrendous before Christmas and then powered through the 2nd half of the season with the formidable 3.

This season has just been a mess, no real gameplan and bereft of the individual quality to cover for that.

It might be a bit harsh but that's just how I've viewed things under Jackett, I've never been wowed by the football he's produced and often in League 1 thought that opponents looked more of a team but couldn't cope with Wolves' individual quality.

Last season was a bit up and down, good start turned into something horrendous before Christmas and then powered through the 2nd half of the season with the formidable 3.

This season has just been a mess, no real gameplan and bereft of the individual quality to cover for that.

I tend to agree with you about last season. We got away without having too much possession based passing football as at least either Sako, Dicko or Afobe would create something out of nothing, or KMac would ping one of his unhuman through balls to one of the front two.

The stuff we played in League One was great though, I thought. Possession but with a purpose and practically every player excelled as part of the team ethos and style that was getting better and stronger as the season went on.

My hope (as always) is for us to win. However, that's unlikely, so I hope the inevitable loss results in the (obvious/sensible/inevitable/positive) sacking of our hapless Head Coach. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Just a draw is the best we can hope for, doesn't seem to matter who we play at the moment or what form they are in.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

I tend to agree with you about last season. We got away without having too much possession based passing football as at least either Sako, Dicko or Afobe would create something out of nothing, or KMac would ping one of his unhuman through balls to one of the front two.

The stuff we played in League One was great though, I thought. Possession but with a purpose and practically every player excelled as part of the team ethos and style that was getting better and stronger as the season went on.

So why are we finding it so difficult this season?
Is cause we've been found out?
I know Afobe has gone but why doesn't McDonald ping those lovely through balls to Mason or Siggy or ALF? Why do we keep returning stats each bleeding game of 3 shots 1 on target and such rubbish?
I can't understand how we've gone from so good to so bad!
Seems though that Kenny doesn't know either...

Combination of things really. We've got a wholly worse squad and starting 11 than we've ever had under Jackett for starters.

In League One the opposition quite often were trying to develop a similar passing/possession based game which then gave us the time and space to do it ourselves but with better players. In the Champtionship we came up against bullies and thugs that pressed and harried and gave us no space to work with (most of the time). It was only the genius of Sako, the workrate and ability of Dicko and the finishing of Afobe operating well in the middle that glossed over what could have been a poor campaign last year.

We then lost our best players and KJ has subsequently gone ultra-conservative and into damage limitation mode. Which never ends well.

Praising Coady again today on the official site ("in a very good spell" he reckons...news to me) so forget us playing any football through midfield any time soon.

If the top echelon of diabolical big money signings is comprised of the likes of Roger Johnson, Robert Taylor, Stefan Maierhofer and Steven Mouyokolo, Coady is in the rung below with Ronald Zubar, Mark Atkins and Seyi Olofinjana.

This is increasingly feeling like a massive game to me. We need a win before Derby & Boro.

take us a part and spit us out?

Well, yes. Both on Sky as well, I don't fancy going into those games on the back of 7 games without a win.

Well, yes. Both on Sky as well, I don't fancy going into those games on the back of 7 games without a win.

I wouldn't fancy it if we were coming off 4 wins in a row TBH...

Thankfully I think I miss both games as I have a session booked for our dog with his trainer for 12.30 on Saturday and I think I am travelling down to London the night we play Boro.

Back