• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A) Build-Up 23/2/16

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
I don't expect Ken to change anything. He professed himself satisfied with how we played on Saturday, just our masterplan of drawing 0-0 fell 13 minutes short. We'll play for a 0-0 again.

We may as well send Martinez and Alfie back in reality, if one isn't playing when the keeper's been throwing in awful goals and the other isn't coming on in successive games when we're losing, there is no point in them being here. My team (which obviously won't happen):

---------------------------Martinez---------------------------

Iorfa---------------Batth-------------Hause------------Deslandes

VLP-----------------Price------------McDonald---------Byrne

--------------------Sigurdarson------Mason----------------------

2015/16: L 0-2 (H)
2014/15: W 2-1 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2013/14: D 0-0 (H), W 3-0 (A)

By the way, the team we sent out exactly two years ago today in League One at Griffin Park:

---------------------------Ikeme----------------------------

Ricketts------------Batth-------------Stearman---------Golbourne

-----------------Price-------------McDonald-------------------

-----------Henry---------Jacobs----------Sako-------------------

---------------------------Dicko----------------------------------------

Anyone take our current team over that? In fact how many of those who started on Saturday would get in that team?

I'd still like to see what ALF could do as part of a front two with Mason as we know he had a decent record at this level prior to joining the circus

Martinez

Iorfa
EEL
Hause
Deslandes

RVLP
McDonald
Price
Byrne

ALF
Mason

Anyone take our current team over that? In fact how many of those who started on Saturday would get in that team?

Iorfa, EEL and one of Mason/Sigurdarson over Ricketts, Batth and Jacobs. Maybe.

I'm staying over in London tomorrow night but have had 0% interest in even trying to look at tickets for this, such a depressing state of affairs.

Jacobs was fantastic in that game. After that game I was so excited to see what he might become as a player. Still irks me how we didn't get to see him at this level - though I think it is NWW that said he had issues like turning up to training late etc.

Oh god. Do we have to play again?

Martinez

Doherty Iorfa Hause Deslandes

Price Saville

van La Parra Mason Byrne

Sigurdarson​

Batth and Ebanks-Landell should both be dropped.

Is Williamson meant to be available for this one?

Iorfa, EEL and one of Mason/Sigurdarson over Ricketts, Batth and Jacobs. Maybe.

I'd take Iorfa over Ricketts, though Ricketts would in turn get in ahead of Doherty on the other side. Ricketts would also get a game for us at CH at the moment.

EEL/Batth = peas in a pod

Like YW it still annoys me how Jacobs got no opportunity last season in his best position. Not a single start, he actually got fewer chances than Jed Wallace has had this season. I wouldn't have minded so much if it weren't Edwards locked into that spot.

Williamson not fit for tomorrow or Derby on Saturday.

I said a couple of weeks ago he won't play at all this season.. Would be fun if that did happen.

Along with Zyro not playing again this season that would be possibly the worst January transfer window in history.

KJ said on his post match interview "it'll be the same bunch of players again Tuesday".

So either a change of two on the bench or a starter off the bench is most we can expect?

I have never put us to lose a game on my football bet............. No I'm not going to for this either - avoid at all costs

This would usually be one I'd go to but there's just no point is there. Fair play to everyone who shows up tomorrow night.

I am going. It is going to cost me and my son a days work - what a helmet I am but I do enjoy Brentford.

Martinez

Iorfa - Batth - EEL - Hause

Price - McDonald

VLP - Mason - Henry

ALF

Back