• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford (A, FAC) 5/1: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely this.
Don't even need a TV channel to help you out. I and many of us watched our FA Cup Third Round match at Tranmere on the FA's own website 14 (FOURTEEN) years ago.

I mean I kind of wish I didn't as it was atrocious, but I did.

Don't even need a TV channel to help you out. I and many of us watched our FA Cup Third Round match at Tranmere on the FA's own website 14 (FOURTEEN) years ago.

Urgh, was that 14 years ago 😩

There's loads of stuff that keeps coming that makes no sense and if I feel old, you all have to as well.

Like Paul Cook last played for Wolves 30 years ago this year.

Assuming this was an evening kick off? Otherwise landline would’ve been out of use if it was before 6….

There's loads of stuff that keeps coming that makes no sense and if I feel old, you all have to as well.

Like Paul Cook last played for Wolves 30 years ago this year.
I had a moment today when David Soul died aged 80. I thought he had to be much older than I thought In Starsky and Hutch then. You then do the maths and he was 32 when it started. Getting old is shit

Assuming this was an evening kick off? Otherwise landline would’ve been out of use if it was before 6….
Was a weirdo Sunday night deal.

Appalling game and a good job Jarvis scored the winner as he'd come up with one of the shittest misses of all time earlier.

1:18 or so on here

Not sure if this counts, but it's being shown live in the US on ESPN+. Finally, a Cup match shown live here against a team not named Liverpool or United.
Stan, this is on greek tv, ote sport 7hd

Appalling game and a good job Jarvis scored the winner as he'd come up with one of the shittest misses of all time earlier.

Hennessey with some epic decision making in that game.

I had a moment today when David Soul died aged 80. I thought he had to be much older than I thought In Starsky and Hutch then. You then do the maths and he was 32 when it started. Getting old is shit
I regularly watch the Dirty Harry movies as I love Clint and find it incredible that he was in his 40s then and is still with us in 2024 and still working too. David Soul is in one of them too, Magnum Force in 1973 playing a murdering motorcycle cop

Bloody frantic stuff at the start!

Think the tranmere miss was worse!

Proper nostalgia there, Milijas had a wand of a left leg at times

Still shows how well Mick did keeping that side in the PL for 3 seasons.

Too long a response to type and my tea is ready, but I don't agree with that at all.

We were horrid in 2009/10, 13 goals at home all season, 2 in a final day dead rubber (for reference we've already scored 16 at Molineux this season and we have 9 home games left). Benefited from Portsmouth being a ghost club and Burnley being as bad as any of the promoted teams this season.

In terms of points, outcome and style I think he did as well as he could in 2010/11 though everything was permanently on a knife edge and he was making it up as he went along at stages.

That's two seasons, in season three he was taking us down by miles.

Needs must in the first season and we were all happy just staying up the 09/10 season you’ve got to look at how many genuine PL players we had, Doyle, Jarvis, Kightly, Craddock, milijas. After that it was players who fit the do a job category on occasions.
It’s bizzare when he probably had the best pool of players to pick from he lost his way massively.
He did well to give us a third stab at things but even I’m not denying he stayed at least 15 matches to long.
Numerous opportunities in the autumn where he should’ve been sacked, Swansea home , Albion away or Everton away all putrid performances in periods of poor form.

We were horrid in 2009/10, 13 goals at home all season, 2 in a final day dead rubber (for reference we've already scored 16 at Molineux this season and we have 9 home games left). Benefited from Portsmouth being a ghost club and Burnley being as bad as any of the promoted teams this season.

In terms of points, outcome and style I think he did as well as he could in 2010/11 though everything was permanently on a knife edge and he was making it up as he went along at stages.

That's two seasons, in season three he was taking us down by miles.
That Portsmouth home game when they'd lost something like nine in a row and turned us over, is probably the angriest I've ever been at a game.

It's the only time I've ever sat in the Billy Wright (brother won a competition for the posh seats) and I got some funny looks as I lambasted the hell out of them walking off at the final whistle.

Up there with us letting Millwall beat us in about the 93rd minute through a Barry Hayles counter and Doherty being a complete twat against Leeds resulting in a Silvio own goal.

There can only be one

giphy.gif

Wasn’t that Brentford at home in 2015? That season was pure bore fest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back