• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Terrible first half. Great goal. Fortunate they didn’t equalise immediately after. Really little to say about first half otherwise

good tactical switch by Bruno to get Trincao and Traore higher up the pitch and Podence playing more like a number ten (surprise me how well he stuck to his task of marking Bissouma too). Trincao was actually pretty good second half but he was a complete waste of a shirt first half and was lucky to stay on pitch. We looked much better just pressing a bit higher and playing forwards quicker. With some better decisions/final pass or shot we could have buried them by 70 mins

first half reallynworried me but Bruno got it spot on at half time. Got Traore naturally causing a threat in behind as well as being able to break into space with the ball.

Looking through the fixtures I’d say we’re about 2/3 points better of where I expected us to be so far.
I thought this month was going to drag us down the table that win just keeps things ticking over.
Probably only need 13/14 points to reach a safety point then move on from there.

Thought Semedo played well again tonight. He's massively improved this season, still probably needs to add a bit more in an attacking sense but he's been solid defensively recently, and last season he always looked like he had a mistake in him which he's cut out of his game this season.

We are very solid defensively, which hampers us offensively. Scored 2 in 6, conceded 2 in 6 choose your poison. Delighted with the win, no criticism of Bruno, but hope he gets players to make it a bit more interesting

Last edited:
It's amazing what losing contact with Stockley Park can do for a referees performance isn't it?

Poor start but grew into it and then should have blown them away in the second half. If Raul gets on a couple of those chances we make it way more comfortable.

Lovely ball from Neves, reminded me if his assist for Boly v Besiktas.

Thought Podence was good, Trincao grew into it but still doesn't show enough for me and Saiss was excellent at both

Only real grumble was Hwang being allowed to continue. He was done on the first incident and they were making sub calls then.

If we can make 27/8 points by the end of Warford I'll be fairly happy.

A win, away, clean sheet. Good goal by Saiss, lovely pass from Neves. Traore was good tonight, that one run where he correctly passed to Podence deserved a better outcome. Never felt threatened by Brighton, even less potent than we are but saying that, a bit nervy with 3 free kicks conceded in tasty areas in injury time.

I wondered if Bruno has the shits - pulled some strange faces throughout and was late coming out for the second half

A win, away, clean sheet. Good goal by Saiss, lovely pass from Neves. Traore was good tonight, that one run where he correctly passed to Podence deserved a better outcome. Never felt threatened by Brighton, even less potent than we are but saying that, a bit nervy with 3 free kicks conceded in tasty areas in injury time.

I wondered if Bruno has the shits - pulled some strange faces throughout and was late coming out for the second half
Sorry, but that pass to Podence was pretty poor - didn’t really take Burn out and passed behind where Podence ideally wanted it.

Sorry, but that pass to Podence was pretty poor - didn’t really take Burn out and passed behind where Podence ideally wanted it.

I thought the same but it's a step in the right direction at least.

First half was very bad, it was disjointed and we couldn’t really get out for any meaningful period of time. Kept Brighton at arms length though until we scored and they should have equalised before half time. Our goal was sublime though, very good finish but the pass was outstanding.

Second was was much better, the front 3 got closer together, combined well and with better decision making in the final 25 yards we win the game comfortably. It’s the reason why we don’t score many and that’s because it doesn’t come naturally to any of them. It’s why it’s important to be so solid defensively and we are that, the back 5 all defended brilliantly and deserved a clean sheet.

Hopefully Ait-Nouri and Hwang aren’t too bad but tonight could be the last we see of Fabio for a while. Stormed off straight down the tunnel after the game even when one of the backroom
staff tried to stop him. I can see why he’s frustrated but the attitude isn’t going to help him.

True, should have released it sooner but the run was good and glad to see him looking to pass rather than hit it straight at the keeper

Hopefully Ait-Nouri and Hwang aren’t too bad but tonight could be the last we see of Fabio for a while. Stormed off straight down the tunnel after the game even when one of the backroom
staff tried to stop him. I can see why he’s frustrated but the attitude isn’t going to help him.
I think he was pissed off because in classic wolves fashion, Podence just has to play as Simple 5 yard ball inside and he’s 1v1 but he instead just ran into the defender. That and we literally have no players and he still didn’t play.

I think he was pissed off because in classic wolves fashion, Podence just has to play as Simple 5 yard ball inside and he’s 1v1 but he instead just ran into the defender. That and we literally have no players and he still didn’t play.

Oh I totally understand the reasons why he’s pissed off but that coupled with the reports of his attitude recently it doesn’t look good. I thought he should have played tonight as his confidence must be really low knowing even when Jimenez isn’t able to play he’s still not even first sub but he has to get his head down work hard and prove he deserves more minutes.

Oh I totally understand the reasons why he’s pissed off but that coupled with the reports of his attitude recently it doesn’t look good. I thought he should have played tonight as his confidence must be really low knowing even when Jimenez isn’t able to play he’s still not even first sub but he has to get his head down work hard and prove he deserves more minutes.

If he wasn't pissed off I'd be seriously worried. Any player of his age who isn't desperate to get on the pitch and his happy not playing is going nowhere in the game.

If he wasn't pissed off I'd be seriously worried. Any player of his age who isn't desperate to get on the pitch and his happy not playing is going nowhere in the game.

I agree he should be pissed off but storming off the pitch, having to be told to warm up properly etc aren’t going to help. He needs to channel his disappointment better imo.

Great team display second half, defensively we are as tight as I've seen us at the back, going forward we had time and space in abundance but again failed to take advantage, it's still a massive worry when space is that ripe and we are failing on goal. Bitter blow for RAN hopefully not a bad injury, sadly we will not see Hwang this side of 2021 now.

Back