• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I never saw all the pre-match stuff. What was wrong with RAN?

I never saw all the pre-match stuff. What was wrong with RAN?
Been feeling the effects of a knock against Leeds and pulled his groin (not in a good way) before tonight’s match.

I wondered if Bruno has the shits - pulled some strange faces throughout and was late coming out for the second half
The Bulgarian commentator said he must have taken his time looking at statistics lol

Trincao continues to mystify. When he's allowed to settle on the ball for a moment he looks magical. Otherwise, he truly doesn't look bothered to be here.

That was the most Trincao has got 'stuck in' since he's been here, I definitely wouldn't say he didn't look bothered last night. Even won some 50/50 balls, I thought he improved massively last night.

Defence were good albeit against a toothless side.
We need a lot more from Trincao. He offers nothing 80% of the time.
Traore was excellent.
Podence has to start if fit.

Lage has done a great job so far. He clearly isn't an idiot or out of his depth which was the main fear in August. He's pragmatic, players seem to like him and every individual looks better than they did under Nuno to some degree. Like the rest of us, I'd be interested to see what he can do with some backing in the window.

His

His pass for Trincao was good though.

That really caught me unaware, just not the sort of pass he plays and perfectly weighted. Trincao should be doing better there. I don't ever buy the weak foot excuse either, there's lads in my veterans team who can take corners perfectly with both feet and they don't get paid thousands per week.

I thought the ref was decent enough, it was his first PL game
absolutely. If he refs every game like that he should have a great career and would be welcome at Molineux anytime in place of ( delete as appropriate) Dean/Marriner/Attwell/Scott/Moss.

Marcal had his best game in a Wolves shirt for me. Defensive positioning was good , tackling good and appropriate shit-housery when needed.

Great to get the win, traore did well as did Podence in bits, frustrating as ever attacking as it was a pass or a shit that let us down.

Our defence is very good, imagine if they practiced more than 20% they'd be unbeatable,

Any more injuries/suspensions up front let's stick Saiss in there, he's got an eye for goal!

Oh I totally understand the reasons why he’s pissed off but that coupled with the reports of his attitude recently it doesn’t look good. I thought he should have played tonight as his confidence must be really low knowing even when Jimenez isn’t able to play he’s still not even first sub but he has to get his head down work hard and prove he deserves more minutes.
What reports are these ?

What reports are these ?
It's in the Spiers Athletic piece. Alleged he didn't try in the last U23 game he played in and was bollocked, along with a couple of others for not warming up properly in a recent home game, might have been West Ham. Not exactly Chris Marsden levels of rumour

Y
It's in the Spiers Athletic piece. Alleged he didn't try in the last U23 game he played in and was bollocked, along with a couple of others for not warming up properly in a recent home game, might have been West Ham. Not exactly Chris Marsden levels of rumour
Yeah he was, not the first time I’ve seen the coaches having a word with the young players about shit warming up though.

The problem being, they are sent to warm up and the lad knows he's not coming on. I understand that they should be being completely professional but he's human and a young kid. Not got an issue with him storming off after, I'd have been fuming had I been sent on with 1 minute to go for a team who played with no centre forwards, the makeshift one gets injured and you still don't get on. Would say to me I'm not rated or wanted at the club, be on the blower to my agent within the hour pushing for a move.

The problem being, they are sent to warm up and the lad knows he's not coming on. I understand that they should be being completely professional but he's human and a young kid. Not got an issue with him storming off after, I'd have been fuming had I been sent on with 1 minute to go for a team who played with no centre forwards, the makeshift one gets injured and you still don't get on. Would say to me I'm not rated or wanted at the club, be on the blower to my agent within the hour pushing for a move.
Won’t he get an appearance fee for 1 minute’s work?

If his agent can find another club willing to pay £35M….

Back