• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (H) 5/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As opposed to Guedes' highlights? Good luck finding them. Hwang has done more in a Wolves shirt than he has. It's talent that lets him down in Guedes' case it's effort or if you are being polite confidence. Either way I'd have Hwang ahead of him for Brighton, he can play against Leeds and take it from there for Arsenal

As opposed to Guedes' highlights? Good luck finding them. Hwang has done more in a Wolves shirt than he has. It's talent that lets him down in Guedes' case it's effort or if you are being polite confidence. Either way I'd have Hwang ahead of him for Brighton, he can play against Leeds and take it from there for Arsenal
Guedes has never got close to being as comically bad as Hwang that day. In reality it's like a choice between being poisoned or drowning.

Guedes has never got close to being as comically bad as Hwang that day. In reality it's like a choice between being poisoned or drowning.
Never got close to scoring or assisting goals either. I'm no Hwang fan boy, he's awful, but in a meritocracy he's ahead of Guedes. I agree with your how do you want to die analogy though

Never got close to scoring or assisting goals either. I'm no Hwang fan boy, he's awful, but in a meritocracy he's ahead of Guedes. I agree with your how do you want to die analogy though
Not how I want to die, I was thinking Home Secretary!

How much did we jointly spend on these two? 30, 40, 50?

I would literally rather have Bonatini.

At least he has a basic element of skill and if the ball came near where he was standing he might get a decent shot away.

Not that we should indulge a race to the bottom, but I have never seen Guedes lack the basic fundamentals of controlling and passing the ball that Hwang has repeatedly demonstrated over a sustained period. You can watch any of his performances and find Hwang losing possession cheaply through the lack of basic skills multiple times in any game. He is absolute rubbish. At least Guedes can control the ball.

Hwang is one of the worst technical players I have seen for this level however I'd genuinely play him at the moment ahead of Guedes because he can actually run.

Guedes looks like he's been space jammed. I think there's a good player in there so hopefully Julen can get him fit and confident..

I think everyone can agree that they are both far short of the level required at the moment. I'll disagree that I'd play Hwang though, I wouldn't put in my team if I was managing in League 1. He contributes more for the opposition than he does for us.

Nunes touch and go to be fit for tomorrow. Raul progressing well to be fit for Mexico at the World Cup.

People thinking Hwang should start are suffering severe Denes Rosa syndrome whereby the longer he’s out of the team the better he gets. A quick cameo off the bench with assorted poor control and misplaced passes (assuming he gets on to a loose ball) will soon cure it and if we bring in a couple of forwards in January you may never suffer a recurrence.

Hwang only ever looked functional up front with Raul in a two.

Guedes still has possibilities to show some worth, so he should play ahead of Hwang.

Not that we should indulge a race to the bottom, but I have never seen Guedes lack the basic fundamentals of controlling and passing the ball that Hwang has repeatedly demonstrated over a sustained period. You can watch any of his performances and find Hwang losing possession cheaply through the lack of basic skills multiple times in any game. He is absolute rubbish. At least Guedes can control the ball.

I wouldn't know if Guedes control was any good if I'd only watched him for Wolves. Hiding behind opposition players and generally avoiding the ball.

Give me someone who's a bit more limited technically but actually effective at times than someone who's just completely pointless.

There's 'a bit more limited technically' and then there's Hwang. He's a liability.

I think everyone can agree that they are both far short of the level required at the moment. I'll disagree that I'd play Hwang though, I wouldn't put in my team if I was managing in League 1. He contributes more for the opposition than he does for us.
This.

I can't forget the 'clearance' against Newcastle into the centre of our box that Saint Maximin scored from, that cost us 2 points. Confirmed to me that Hwang doesn't understand the basics of football, and is therefore a dangerous liability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back