• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton (H) 5/11: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
--------------------Sa---------------------------

---------Collins---Kilman----Toti-----------

Semedo---Nunes---Neves---Bouba----Bueno

-----------------Adama-----Hwang---------------

That's as good as I can do for this one.

2021/22: L 0-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2019/20: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2018/19: D 0-0 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2016/17: L 0-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2015/16: D 0-0 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2014/15: D 1-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2012/13: D 3-3 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2005/6: W 1-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: D 1-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2002/3: D 1-1 (H), L 1-4 (A)

Basically agree, might have Moutinho in for Nunes for now, and I've toyed with the idea personally that if we stick with 4-3-3 of using RAN as an wide forward, just because there is actually some positivity about his game. I suspect we won't go 5 at the back though.

Sa
Semedo -- Collins -- Kilman -- Bueno
Neves -- B. Traore
Adama -- Podence -- Campbell
Hwang​

I assume Nunes is out.

Nunes is injured I think .

Sa
Semedo -- Collins -- Kilman -- Bueno
Neves -- B. Traore
Adama -- Podence -- Campbell
Hwang​

I assume Nunes is out.
Adama , Podence and Campbell - looks weak when you see it written down . I'd start Moutinho in place of Campbell - give him 65 minutes . Let him roam into the middle as he pleases .

Adama , Podence and Campbell - looks weak when you see it written down . I'd start Moutinho in place of Campbell - give him 65 minutes . Let him roam into the middle as he pleases .
Moutinho wide left?

No, just no.

Can't believe I am typing this, but felt we did look better without Moutinho starting last weekend. & I have adored watching him play for 3 years.

Agree with @Johnny75 btw, Moutinho wide left is so not his game - so many things wrong with that suggestion! He doesn't have the pace, he doesn't have the stamina to get up and down, and it really doesn't play to any of his skills. Plus his delivery has been poor for a long time!

Any value in playing RAN wide left? He just about has the attributes to get the ball into the middle.

Reactions: jlo
Can't believe I am typing this, but felt we did look better without Moutinho starting last weekend. & I have adored watching him play for 3 years.
Did we?

We did absolutely bugger all for 40 minutes, then Nunes went off having done bugger all, Joao came on and nearly scored with his first touch. Then we were a lot better second half.

Did we?

We did absolutely bugger all for 40 minutes, then Nunes went off having done bugger all, Joao came on and nearly scored with his first touch. Then we were a lot better second half.
He said play very well further forward.

May be a better option than Pod and put Pod wide left.

@lemonjelly I think there is value in putting RAN wide left but he's not as good as a natural wide left player in Campbell.

Looking at the Brighton match last weekend . Two of their goals were own goals and a third came in the 92nd minute .
However the outstanding attribute for me was the pressure they put on Chelsea when they tried to play out from the back . It was that pressure that caused all the goals - they had Chelsea in an awful flap .

They could have had seven or eight, they were outstanding. Should have won at Anfield in De Zerbi's first game too.

Conversely they failed to score at home to Forest and lost comfortably at Brentford who were shite last week against us.

Banking on Nunes being healthy. Need speed in the midfield and up front to pressure. Not sure what to call this line up or have Hwang starting again. Bring Moutinho off bench late for defensive measures and Guedes to run around to replace Hwang. Here goes...
Sa
Semedo - Collins - Kilman - Bueno
Neves
Boubacar - Nunes
Adama - Hwang - Podence

I think T2 would be good on that side to cover for Semedo getting forward and maybe coming inside as T1 always ends up wide, and doesn't track back

He's playing Guedes instead of Hwang ya know....

Guedes is fucking shit. I told people before we signed him, at least Trincao had ability.

Guedes is fucking shit. I told people before we signed him, at least Trincao had ability.
I agree but he's still better than Hwang...
not that I'd play either of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back