• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brighton Home game - Saturday 20th April at 3 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to worry LJ - open to anyone else before the 16th then

Will sell it back to the club at that point so that I (hopefully) get at least a part of the cost back

Two wins in 15 against this lot. Blue and white stripes too! They will need points and as of today are in dog shit form. Need to balance the earlier defeat with a win.

Bump up for this - seat is still available (upgrade to a full price can be done at the Ticket Office)

Card is in Wolverhampton for collection (details given if anyone can make use) - will only wait till the morning of the 16th so that if it doesn't go then still a chance to sell it back to the club & get some recompense.

Bit early I guess but I'd like to see MGW and Vinagre at a minimum for this - similar to Cardiff a few weeks ago (though perhaps without Traore at RWB - can't afford to have people asleep at set pieces)

Knockaert will be suspended which limits Brighton's attacking options - can see them coming for a draw and hoping to nick a 1-0. It'd be nice to reverse recent results and get in front early, if we can do that I think we can win this fairly comfortably.

-edit- something like this, actually

Patricio

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty Moutinho Saiss Vinagre

Gibbs-White

Jimenez Jota​

Neves as we know has just had his 2nd kid, maybe give him a few days to get his head straight and time with his family. Donck has not been at his best either IMO and I'm not advocating dropping him because of the semi or anything like that - I just think Mou and Saiss will support MGW better

Bennett comes back in for me. Saiss was poor at the weekend and even when he personally does OK, we just seem to be shipping more goals of late.

Bennett comes back in for me. Saiss was poor at the weekend and even when he personally does OK, we just seem to be shipping more goals of late.

If you watch Saiss against Southampton, he always has to put the ball into his left foot which slows everything down. He is brutally one footed and he plays on the right. Massive imbalance and he looked totally out of place.

Add that to the fact that Coady is equally as one footed (right this time) and, if you actually watch closely, it massively slows our forward play down when he receives it on the left.

Bit early I guess but I'd like to see MGW and Vinagre at a minimum for this - similar to Cardiff a few weeks ago (though perhaps without Traore at RWB - can't afford to have people asleep at set pieces)

Knockaert will be suspended which limits Brighton's attacking options - can see them coming for a draw and hoping to nick a 1-0. It'd be nice to reverse recent results and get in front early, if we can do that I think we can win this fairly comfortably.

-edit- something like this, actually

Patricio

Bennett Coady Boly

Doherty Moutinho Saiss Vinagre

Gibbs-White

Jimenez Jota​

Neves as we know has just had his 2nd kid, maybe give him a few days to get his head straight and time with his family. Donck has not been at his best either IMO and I'm not advocating dropping him because of the semi or anything like that - I just think Mou and Saiss will support MGW better
This team but Donck instead of Saiss. I think freshening up slightly could be a good idea. I'd potentially play Jonny on the right instead of Doc too and use Vinagre as the more attacking wingback outlet.

After the trashing they got at bournmouth, brighton will have to play for the 0-0. This is a must win for us, go all out, vinagre and traore at the back, bennett in for saiss, rest unchanged for me.

After the trashing they got at bournmouth, brighton will have to play for the 0-0.

Depends how they get on v Cardiff tomorrow. Win that and they will come along for the draw to all but confrim safety (that would put Cardiff 9 points behind them and with GD, they lose on Sunday v Liverpool and they are gone) but they lose v Cardiff and they will be very close and cannot afford many more slip ups. Proper 6 pointer for them tomorrow

Even if they lose to cardiff, theyre still 2pt and massive goal difference ahead and its much better off trying to hold on for a draw and a point against us. cardiff wont get anything from liverpool or manu, fulham away and palace at home their only chance to pick up 4+ points if brighton manage a draw vs us

2pts and they follow up with a game v Spurs. They really need something from their game with us if they lose to Cardiff. Maybe they can have a word with Blackburn and ask how well it worked out for them playing for a 0-0 at Molineux the year they got relegated to League 1

Cardiff shouldn't get anything from Liverpool and Man Utd but I lost an acc at the weekend because I topped up the numbers and put Barca and Juve on it,week before that it was Celtic being unable to score v Livingston. Football is a fucker at times when trying to guess what will happen.

I think we'll lose.

Brighton will come to frustrate and play with men behind the ball, we won't break them down.

They'll grow into the game and end up winning 1-0

Vinagre in for Jonny (happy for Doc to start on the other side and have two attacking minded full backs from the off).

I'd stick with Neves, Moutinho & Donk in the middle. The only other change I would make is Bennett ahead of Saiss.

Brighton sit deeper than probably any other side in the PL. With them having a game tomorrow we don't really know what their confidence will be like, but we almost certainly will need to score to draw them out. Variation on the Cardiff side for me with the exception of Moutinho instead of MGW and Rui instead of Ruddy - will be more successful running at them than passing through them
-------------Rui----------
-----Bennett---Coady---Boly
-Traore--Donck--Saiss--Vinagre
----------Moutinho-------
-----Raul-----------Jota---------

Neves, Doherty and Jonny to all come back in for the Arsenal game

Has an infuriating feel about Saturday, if BHA win tomorrow they'll be more than happy to pick up point on Saturday, think it'll be a frustrating 0-0.

Could probably do with brighton winning tonight! Win and that will see them safe (maybe even a draw will mind).

Could probably do with brighton winning tonight! Win and that will see them safe (maybe even a draw will mind).

They do need to win. Nothing to do with our game mind, just to relegate Colin back to where he belongs.

True. But a win and they will probably have less to play for against us

My seat is still available. Was going to sell it back to the club today, but the OS seems to be playing up & wasn't around during the time the phone lines were operating.

Have tonight to claim it (my access card is in Wolverhampton), but should have time to phone the ticket office tomorrow morning if no one takes it up (it is a concession ticket so will need an upgrade if someone above or below the qualifying age wants to take advantage).

If they're beaten tonight, they're going to have to push for a result at the weekend as their remaining fixtures make for grim reading with Spurs, Arsenal and City to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back